Main Menu

News:

Check out our  Discord Server.  Currently, it resembles a ZOMBIE.  It needs brains!

Redirection!

Please check out our new and improved home magical girl role playing experience: Prismatica, where you can Refract Your Destiny!


1uidPrismaticaBanner2.png


This forum will remain open as an archive.  

New website format...

Started by I wonder what lies beyond that..., 13-Oct-2005 (Thu) @ 14:31:15

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

I wonder what lies beyond that...

This is designed for feedback mainly on the new site design. Seeing as you the end users will be the ones to use the site it should be you who has some(limited) hand in helping us decide what is best for the site. Any of you out there who is good at websites, please pm senkusha or me. We are currently a two man team and it would be good to have more help... The pages are ment to have a fun interesting design. And we are aware of the obvious problems.

This is the new template/homepage http://www.ayeka.net/_.site/Home_Build_6.php . Again with this we need to alter the php calls so they have the right font... and so they fit the boxs.

We are aware of the obvious problems. At this early build stage (5.2) it would be more helpful to have suggestions and constructive critisism rather than minor flaws. also if something doesnt work properly it is probably not yet ment to.

Otherwise we hope you like it
Potential to be magnified by what will disappear due to his own hand

Skuld-chan

Hopefully, tomorrow, I'll see if I can set up FTP access for you to upload direclty to that folder to do more testing and revisions....that way you don't have to wait for my busy butt!  ;)

Unlocking the greatest mysteries
(Yes, I am Senkusha, Administrator of the now-gone Ayeka's Bliss Website.)
Why this secondary account?

Shidasko

Also, the text for the RPG rolls over past the limitation.. so a frame border might have to be set. The color schemes seem really awkward like ti doesn't fit well to what i think A.net looks like. But the layout of the boxes is kinda itneresting, although I kinda like the original or at least what we have now.. It just needs some improvement.
The NAV bar at the top should be more rounder boxes and maybe some font work should be done.

Have yall thougth about a flash opening page that welcomes the person to the website before they see any options?

also, I don't remember. But isn't it set for guests can't read the RPG details, and if that little segment from the RPG is pasted there. Then wouldn't the guest be confused?
Maybe it could have for non guest, a small welcome paragraph.
Also maybe have a link that is deidcated to contact and information about the birth of A.NET and can have little something on Kusha. As he is our Emperor!!
*gives a small informal salute*
"If something is hard, its not worth doing" - Homer Simpson

I wonder what lies beyond that...

kusha is working (i think) on the problem with the rpg text, it has aready been noted.

Also the colors again are a work in progress

If you could specify what *you* think a.net should look like it would help. The top banner needs doing.

And all the php scripting needs to be done so that your suggestion of a guest... will be done but kusha is busy it may take time.

The info page (non existant) needs doing.

And the page needs to be centered. (i need the time to do this, im just about to get loads of clients)

Oh kusha, i dont really care about my title you can choose. FTP access will be great, because then i can test the php properly   :D :D
Potential to be magnified by what will disappear due to his own hand

Skuld-chan

Yeah....some day, I'd love to have a flash intro.  The rpg section is NOT blocked from guests.  They may read as much as they want, however, they can  not contribute  (to anything except Table Talk)

Also, I have a limited FTP solution in place.


Now...if only I could find Ayeka (or any of the Tenchi crew) involved with a birthday cake, or party...

Unlocking the greatest mysteries
(Yes, I am Senkusha, Administrator of the now-gone Ayeka's Bliss Website.)
Why this secondary account?

I wonder what lies beyond that...

Is it your birthday? i noticed a cake on your profile.
Potential to be magnified by what will disappear due to his own hand

I wonder what lies beyond that...

THE FIRST POST HAS BEEN REMODIFIED PLEASE REREAD IT. not that its very important but it basicly has more links.
Potential to be magnified by what will disappear due to his own hand

Shidasko

why do you need a cake kusha, you got a celebration coming up?

Btw, I saw the new modified page. i love the frame on the left.
but why doe sthe attachments for character sheets and then the name on the right of the attachment have two different URLs?
The frame on the right needs to be bigger like be able to fit the screen, as at my resolution.. it is VERY small....

Also on the right frame where it says "Login" it shows up blank, like it watns me to put in a user name or to register a new account.
If i hit register button, it takes me to the homepage of the forum with me already logged in. Now shouldn't it already display in this box my logged in status instead of just being plain blank?
"If something is hard, its not worth doing" - Homer Simpson

I wonder what lies beyond that...

yes you are right, senkusha needs to extract the relevant code from smf before that box works in any way.

i use a laptop on 1024 by 768 and  it is fine for me, but now many screen makers are using more resolution than old 1024x768. (NOTE to self :- possibly generate some sort of script, for resolution detection)

Oh and if anyone has a different browser other than IE could you please test the site??? Compatibility isnt important at this stage but i just wanna know if it works...

And also here is the newest. http://www.ayeka.net/_.site/Home_Build_6.php it now FINALY has tables in it so there will be no problem with layers. Again we are aware of the obvious problems.
Potential to be magnified by what will disappear due to his own hand

Shidasko

You messed up the code, actually.
but it's happened to me before.... anyways!

Actually I dont' use Internet Explorer, i use FireFox.... which use to have problems with earlier versions of A.net when there iused to be a java based naviagational bar.
"If something is hard, its not worth doing" - Homer Simpson

Skuld-chan

I've got the new login and site stats code working.  Member's Online fit's properly now also.  The login won't work until we make this the main home page however....and as soon as I figure out what happened when I upgraded to 1.05.....$&(^&$#^*$^#*$#%&#$  anyway....that's that.

Unlocking the greatest mysteries
(Yes, I am Senkusha, Administrator of the now-gone Ayeka's Bliss Website.)
Why this secondary account?

I wonder what lies beyond that...

yeh its unfortunate that happened... i thought it may of been because of some of ur new php scripts but i was wrong... have you worked out what happened?
Potential to be magnified by what will disappear due to his own hand

Skuld-chan

Sort of.  The new site works okay, just the current main page isn't working all that great.  Oh well.

Unlocking the greatest mysteries
(Yes, I am Senkusha, Administrator of the now-gone Ayeka's Bliss Website.)
Why this secondary account?

Shidasko

so that problem with the main page of logging in.. wasn't just me either... good tohear for my case.. and bad to hear for a.net
"If something is hard, its not worth doing" - Homer Simpson

Skuld-chan

Yeah, I think the upgrade handles something with caching differently...probably some security or something.  I might just upgrade the forum to 1.1 RC1 and see if that make a difference.

Unlocking the greatest mysteries
(Yes, I am Senkusha, Administrator of the now-gone Ayeka's Bliss Website.)
Why this secondary account?