Main Menu

News:

We've readjusted!  Check out the new and improved forum,  Prismatica.  This forum you're reading right now is officially an archive.

Redirection!

Please check out our new and improved home magical girl role playing experience: Prismatica, where you can Refract Your Destiny!


1uidPrismaticaBanner2.png


This forum will remain open as an archive.  

Cooking Oil

Started by Senkusha, 28-Dec-2023 (Thu) @ 21:40:25

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Senkusha

Can you reuse cooking oil for frying?  Like Corn oil?  Like I want to run my oil through a couple of coffee filters a couple of times.  Is this advisable?  And what am I supposed to do with the oil after I use it? 

Side note, I also have jars of bacon and hamburger grease.  What am I supposed to do with that?  I know it should not go down the drain.

Help?  ???

Creative Pioneer exploring anime role playing adventures!

ZandraJoi

When we used our deep fryer, we reused the oil in there a few times. It was Spectrum shortening made with sustainable palm oil.
Since we live in the woods, we separate it from the compost area & just bury it away from the house. We already get creatures so don't try to entice them too much.
For those who live in other areas, I found this link:
https://www.mahoneyes.com/blog/15-creative-uses-of-used-cooking-oil-you-never-knew/

Another option people have done is make suet cakes out of the thicker oils. From what I read, bacon grease is not advisable. If it's organic, it may be better. Can add in flour, cornstarch, etc to thicken it. I have never tried it but have seen that idea around.
Burying it works for us lol

Similar topics (1)

Replies: 0
Views: 2229