Main Menu

News:

We've readjusted!  Check out the new and improved forum,  Prismatica.  This forum you're reading right now is officially an archive.

Redirection!

Please check out our new and improved home magical girl role playing experience: Prismatica, where you can Refract Your Destiny!


1uidPrismaticaBanner2.png


This forum will remain open as an archive.  

AniMyth

Started by Senkusha, 19-May-2022 (Thu) @ 06:16:56

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Senkusha

For years, I've dreamed of playing my own anime styled MMORPG.  Last year, I began working on it, a project called "AniMyth".  Basically I wanted to take well-known anime characters and drop them into a playable world where a player could either build them up, or play full-powered to achieve quests given from the Gods and Goddesses of ancient mythologies from around the world.

I want the game to be fun and educational at the same time.  It sounds pretty fun, right?  Let me know what you think.

Creative Pioneer exploring anime role playing adventures!

L_Divi

OH!  This... I think I remember you talking about this LOOONG ago (like, probably before this thread was created, even). 

How's this project coming along? 

Senkusha

It's coming along.  I bought a second monitor so that I can watch the YouTube tutorials and code at the same time, although, lately, I haven't had much time to devote to coding.

Creative Pioneer exploring anime role playing adventures!

L_Divi

OH!   Having more than one screen up for instructions while coding, I should consider that if and when I ever get back to coding! 

Aaanyway, glad to hear that game is still a thing planned to exist <3 . 

Senkusha

Yup.  I'll probably end up totally redesigning the game though.  I've been thinking of migrating it more to a phone device instead of a PC device, since more people use phones now than PCs.  But I haven't completely decided yet.  The PC has certain advantages that the phone's simply can't do very well.

Creative Pioneer exploring anime role playing adventures!

L_Divi

Well, I'm not much of a phone-gamer, so I'm significantly less likely to participate, myself, if you go that route, but you do have a point that a lot of people do play games mostly on their phones ;-p. 

Senkusha

Not only would the GUI have to be completely changed, but many of the basic functions, even the character would be vastly different, because the phone I don't think can handle the 3D models/environment very well.

Creative Pioneer exploring anime role playing adventures!

L_Divi

Quote from: Senkusha on 03-Oct-2023 (Tue) @ 19:50:50Not only would the GUI have to be completely changed, but many of the basic functions, even the character would be vastly different, because the phone I don't think can handle the 3D models/environment very well.

OH!  That... is very much a thing! 

Senkusha

What I might do, after I get the main part of the game working on the PC is create a mobile app to manage your character, chat, ... and whatever else I can think of.

Creative Pioneer exploring anime role playing adventures!

L_Divi

Now THAT sounds like a plan <3 .