Main Menu

News:

We've readjusted!  Check out the new and improved forum,  Prismatica.  This forum you're reading right now is officially an archive.

Redirection!

Please check out our new and improved home magical girl role playing experience: Prismatica, where you can Refract Your Destiny!


1uidPrismaticaBanner2.png


This forum will remain open as an archive.  

Employment Boundaries

Started by Senkusha, 05-Oct-2023 (Thu) @ 14:44:28

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Senkusha

Am I just being too picky, or would these be considered healthy?

Minimum pay rate:  $20/hour
Maximum work time:  40 hours / week
Work Shift:  Monday through Friday, no weekends, 8 am to 5 pm
Maximum commute time:  30 minutes (one way)
Minimum lunch break:  1 hour
Minimum vacation time (starting after 90 days):  14 days
Minimum sick time / Personal Time Off (PTO):  7 days

If you want me to wear anything that resembles a uniform, the employer is to provide an adequate allowance to cover it, or shall provide it at no charge.

What else am I forgetting?  I'm tired of being exploited by these big corporations.

Honestly though, my dream would be to work for a minimum of $35 / hour, working from home, for a maximum of 30 hours a week, Monday through Friday.

Creative Pioneer exploring anime role playing adventures!

L_Divi

Quote from: Senkusha on 05-Oct-2023 (Thu) @ 14:44:28Minimum pay rate:  $20/hour
Maximum work time:  40 hours / week
Work Shift:  Monday through Friday, no weekends, 8 am to 5 pm
Maximum commute time:  30 minutes (one way)
Minimum lunch break:  1 hour
Minimum vacation time (starting after 90 days):  14 days
Minimum sick time / Personal Time Off (PTO):  7 days

If you want me to wear anything that resembles a uniform, the employer is to provide an adequate allowance to cover it, or shall provide it at no charge.

I'm probably the last person in the world to be giving any advice regarding standard employment, but my impression is if you can afford to be choosy, yes, these are theoretically the minimum of what somebody should look for:  Anything less is generally considered exploitative (even for very basic jobs). 

That said, as someone who mostly works for themself, I have no idea how realistic finding a "reasonable" job like that is, so all I can say there is:  Good luck. 

Senkusha

Yeah.  That's the problem.  Most of the companies out there are looking to exploit the working people.  I've given significant thought to starting another business, but, I don't have any clue what I would want to do.

Creative Pioneer exploring anime role playing adventures!

L_Divi

Start a streaming service, all the cool kids are doing it! 

(I honestly have no clue what to suggest for you, sorry XD.) 

Similar topics (1)

Replies: 0
Views: 1971