Kawaii Klub

Administration Office - Website Announcements and Stuff => Mihoshi's Galactic Evidence Report => Topic started by: Skuld-chan on 25-Jul-2006 (Tue) @ 06:32:27

Title: Website Update: 25-JUL-2006
Post by: Skuld-chan on 25-Jul-2006 (Tue) @ 06:32:27
A few things worth mentioning...

First, you'll notice the blog software still isn't installed yet.  That's because I'm not an "Alpha tester".  Hopefully within a couple of weeks, the new software will be made publically available.

Second, you now have the option to "ignore boards".  You can goto your Profile, and there is a new option for Ignoring boards.  With this option enabled, you will not be able to see those boards on the board index page.  That way, if you don't have an interest in something here on A.net, simply ignore it.  I would hope that you don't choose to ignore something important....wait...what around here is important?

Third, I changed the layout of the Anime Vault to have more of a Wiki feel to it.  This should make finding information faster, and a lot less clumbsy as the typical message board format.

Fourth, you now have the option to disable the floating pictures (llama mod)!  This setting was overlooked when the Mod was first installed.   :-[

That's about it!
Title: Re: Website Update: 25-JUL-2006
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 25-Jul-2006 (Tue) @ 09:32:21
For the wiki mod, to make it more like a proper wiki, can you allow anyone to edit the base article?
Title: Re: Website Update: 25-JUL-2006
Post by: Skuld-chan on 25-Jul-2006 (Tue) @ 15:36:42
Sure, I could do that, but I think I'd rather restrict that privilege to ....sufficiently ranked members.   ;)
Title: Re: Website Update: 25-JUL-2006
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 25-Jul-2006 (Tue) @ 17:36:40
To be honest, i dont know why you didn't just do an actual wiki, a theme isn't much good. but its your site i suppose.
Title: Re: Website Update: 25-JUL-2006
Post by: Skuld-chan on 25-Jul-2006 (Tue) @ 18:50:04
Because using the true Wiki software would mean another database to maintain, and all that data would have to be re-entered.....that's a lot of work...not to mention a bit confusing, since I don't think there's a way to link the member databases together.
Title: Re: Website Update: 25-JUL-2006
Post by: Shidasko on 25-Jul-2006 (Tue) @ 21:24:16
Btw being able to ignore forums, that is AWESOME. Cus there is like 22 boards that I dont' like to read nor be notified when they are updated and now I can! Woot.
Title: Re: Website Update: 25-JUL-2006
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 26-Jul-2006 (Wed) @ 07:53:57
That is true kusha, but you needn't do that, just have a wiki and let people use it their own devices. And also having a wiki of animes should attract more people through google, as a wiki automatically has a higher page rank than a forum.