Kawaii Klub

Study Hall - General Discussion => Kagome's General Gossip and Discussion => Topic started by: BSEK on 17-Sep-2005 (Sat) @ 14:01:48

Title: Support Our Troops!
Post by: BSEK on 17-Sep-2005 (Sat) @ 14:01:48
 lol, Sorry about the title lol. I'm Supporting Our Troops and I think EK is too.  We went  to GA today. Do not ask what GA means ok! ok.   :joyful: Are you guys really to Support our Troops ?

*BSEK put on a army hat* One! Two! Three!
Title: Re: Support Our Troops!
Post by: Shidasko on 17-Sep-2005 (Sat) @ 22:42:08
Nope... I support "NonBandwagon" fads...meaning... i don't support the troops plain and simple... But I'll keep those reasons to myself....
Title: Re: Support Our Troops!
Post by: BSEK on 18-Sep-2005 (Sun) @ 00:30:59
Quote from: Shidasko on 17-Sep-2005 (Sat) @ 22:42:08Nope... I support "NonBandwagon" fads...meaning... i don't support the troops plain and simple... But I'll keep those reasons to myself....
:'( You do not care about the U.S.. Your dead Shido *just kidding* You can tell your reason here in this topic you know.  :P
Title: Re: Support Our Troops!
Post by: Shidasko on 19-Sep-2005 (Mon) @ 00:10:57
I'm the opposite of patriotic... our soldiers across the seas are dying for all the wrong reasons. We shouldn't even be there as it has nothing to do with our own internal politics.. I hope the idea of the soldiers dying will finally provoke a idea that we should pull out and leave well enough things alone.

I mean.. seriously.... our country is our own world.. those other countries are their own planets.. they should solve their own problems.. yes it's a "good" thing to help people... but if you think about it.. if you are going to lose about 2 million soldiers to save 25 thousand civilians and refugees... Does it seem worth that? Too lose more lives than it's worth. Who exactly are we fighting for over there??
Those people that live there hate our soldiers. It's like Korea and Vietnam all over again... Those were simple civil wars that were going on.. and we put our heads in... What was to be really gained by helping those people?

The US is going farther and farther into debt....
From the start of the government all the way up to President Reagon, we were about 2.6 trillion in debt. I believe thats close to it... Currently we're about 6 trillion in debt now.. and thats about 20 years later.. So what do you think?

the US is sending "Hot Checks" to China and other countries.. If those countries were to ever put Claim on those "checks" the treasury debt would bankrupt and go farther into debt...
Title: Re: Support Our Troops!
Post by: Skuld-chan on 19-Sep-2005 (Mon) @ 08:31:31
I think it would be better to say:  I support our troops [as the men and women forced to follow those orders], but I do not necessarily support our government.

I agree with Shido on this one, hence, the above statement, and being in thier shoes boots at one point in time.
Title: Re: Support Our Troops!
Post by: Shidasko on 19-Sep-2005 (Mon) @ 16:48:56
yah, kusha put it much better than i would have
Title: Re: Support Our Troops!
Post by: BSEK on 19-Sep-2005 (Mon) @ 17:03:46
...... I just mint the troops not the government. I feel sorry for the troops. Putting thair lifes in this war for the U.S. I still remember how it all began. The Troops of the U.S are out there fighting for thair familys and some of these troops are Fathers and were not there to see thair babies.
Title: Re: Support Our Troops!
Post by: Shidasko on 19-Sep-2005 (Mon) @ 17:09:45
but thats how war has gone through and through as time has passed. People sacrifice their lives based on the beliefs of others. I dont' think many of those soldiers wanted to be in war... but once they sign that contract.. their "bullet sponges" fighting for the freedom and safety of the people in america...... or so we are led to believe.... buti 'll be quiet now..
Title: Re: Support Our Troops!
Post by: Skuld-chan on 19-Sep-2005 (Mon) @ 17:31:40
*poke* *poke*


sorry, I couldn't help myself.   :))
Title: Re: Support Our Troops!
Post by: BSEK on 19-Sep-2005 (Mon) @ 17:42:20
Quote from: Skuld-chan on 19-Sep-2005 (Mon) @ 17:31:40*poke* *poke*
sorry, I couldn't help myself.  :))
???  Kusha Who are you poking?
Title: Re: Support Our Troops!
Post by: James on 19-Sep-2005 (Mon) @ 18:47:26
I agree with senkusha. The troop are just following orders.
Title: Re: Support Our Troops!
Post by: Shidasko on 19-Sep-2005 (Mon) @ 23:57:57
that is why our military and government forces are corrupted....
Title: Re: Support Our Troops!
Post by: James on 30-Sep-2005 (Fri) @ 20:11:05
 Our goverment need to get fixed. Like right know
Title: Re: Support Our Troops!
Post by: Shidasko on 30-Sep-2005 (Fri) @ 22:26:42
good luck getting that too happen.. too many ignorant people thinks the gov't is doing a great job and more countries should be like ours... Ha...i laugh at those people.
Title: Re: Support Our Troops!
Post by: Slade on 01-Oct-2005 (Sat) @ 12:29:35
Generally speaking if someone joins the armed forces then that's their reponseability as everyone knows (espacilly if your in the U.S) that you will be involved somewhere along your line in combat and that you are prepared to sacrafice some of your own liberties into a life where you will be commanded and drilled. What I do blame is the poltics and policy of the 'shock and awe' You can't beat terroisim by state to state style warfare as terroists/insurgents don't represent a state, they represent an ideal. I don't think troops need support but more reassurance that the tatics given to them will lead to a succseful outcome.
Title: Re: Support Our Troops!
Post by: Ayeka-chan on 13-Mar-2025 (Thu) @ 14:57:42
Messages from # 15 - 25 are missing!