Kawaii Klub

Study Hall - General Discussion => Kagome's General Gossip and Discussion => Topic started by: Senkusha on 14-Jul-2023 (Fri) @ 07:49:34

Title: Twitter
Post by: Senkusha on 14-Jul-2023 (Fri) @ 07:49:34
Is it me, or has Twitter become nothing more than the realm of twits?  I'm mostly signed up for anime and drawing accounts, yet the only notifications I get are from political posts, Republicans bashing Democrats and Democrats demonizing Republicans.  It's sickening and toxic, and I have to admit, I never really got into the whole 150 character thing.  Yet, all these political posts seem to be WAY more than 150 characters.

I think I'm about done with Twitter, and I'm not so sure I want to jump on the Threads bandwagon yet, as it's owned by Meta.  I'm about tired of Facebook and it's obnoxious advertising feed too, and Google as well. 

Like, I don't have any money to buy ANYTHING right now!  So stop pestering me to buy crap!  That's one reason why you'll never see advertising here.  Nobody needs to ingest any more SPAM.
Title: Re: Twitter
Post by: Ken on 08-Sep-2023 (Fri) @ 09:29:24
I stop using Twitter, because of the toxic wrestling fans act like gatekeepers.
Title: Re: Twitter
Post by: Senkusha on 08-Sep-2023 (Fri) @ 13:31:37
Oh full stop!  It's now known as the app formerly known as Twitter.  Lol   or just x. :-\
Title: Re: Twitter
Post by: Ken on 08-Sep-2023 (Fri) @ 19:08:54
Since Elon Musk wasted $44B on that deal, it's still Twitter.
Title: Re: Twitter
Post by: Senkusha on 08-Sep-2023 (Fri) @ 20:15:18
You know what's sick.  If he only spent something like $6 Billion, he could ended all hunger (not sure if it's in America or the world).
Title: Re: Twitter
Post by: Ken on 09-Sep-2023 (Sat) @ 07:50:39
Bet you he didn't live up to that promise.
Title: Re: Twitter
Post by: Senkusha on 09-Sep-2023 (Sat) @ 09:24:14
The thing is he will not live up to that promise because he doesn't give a damn about the rest of us the 99% he doesn't care.
Title: Re: Twitter
Post by: Ken on 10-Sep-2023 (Sun) @ 08:09:26
Yeah, and it's sad that he fired the staff, reversed the policies and enables those who the platform banned.
Title: Re: Twitter
Post by: ZandraJoi on 25-Oct-2023 (Wed) @ 12:19:37
Quote from: Senkusha on 08-Sep-2023 (Fri) @ 20:15:18You know what's sick.  If he only spent something like $6 Billion, he could ended all hunger (not sure if it's in America or the world).
For any Social Media, they tend to be all toxic because people are addicted to the Likes.
For Elon Musk, yes, I do like him. I think he has his heart in the right place but has made some bad mistakes. At least he's trying versus other bigwigs out there. Every actor & actress & professional athlete has enough money to help others out. They don't need their 10th car & 2nd yacht.
I feel that way about NASA. I love astronomy! But all the money spent on "searching for hospitable planets" could be used right here on Earth.
We already have a way to end hunger. 60,70% is landfilled. Stores & restaurants throw out perfectly good food instead of donating it. So we already have that solution. We just have to push companies to do the right thing. While I have never did Dumpster Diving, I have researched it. Some foods are thrown out still sealed. & some foods can be still good after the expiration dates.
Title: Re: Twitter
Post by: Senkusha on 25-Oct-2023 (Wed) @ 20:54:20
Homeless people don't really care if the bread is stale or even if it has a little mold on it.  Most of the time, they'd just tear off the icky parts.  So long as it's not red or black mold, you'd probably be alright if somebody accidentally injected some.  And canned goods -- that reminds me to pack a good can opener in my bug out bag -- those could last for months if not years after their "expiration date".
Title: Re: Twitter
Post by: ZandraJoi on 01-Nov-2023 (Wed) @ 20:21:25
Quote from: Senkusha on 25-Oct-2023 (Wed) @ 20:54:20Homeless people don't really care if the bread is stale or even if it has a little mold on it.  Most of the time, they'd just tear off the icky parts.  So long as it's not red or black mold, you'd probably be alright if somebody accidentally injected some.  And canned goods -- that reminds me to pack a good can opener in my bug out bag -- those could last for months if not years after their "expiration date".
Are you into prepping? That could be a topic for another thread lol But just curious. Some people go all out. We make sure to have a good supply of food, especially canned to last us awhile. Honey doesn't go bad & can be used for many things including wound care.
Title: Re: Twitter
Post by: Senkusha on 01-Nov-2023 (Wed) @ 21:42:50
I wouldn't consider myself a hard core prepper.  But I do like the feeling of knowing that I can get through about two weeks (a typical emergency).
Title: Re: Twitter
Post by: ZandraJoi on 08-Nov-2023 (Wed) @ 10:27:23
I have some books I bought because if we don't have power & the grid is down, one cannot "google" for answers!
Title: Re: Twitter
Post by: Senkusha on 08-Nov-2023 (Wed) @ 20:55:24
I'm actually always carrying around *fetches purse*  "The Peterson Field Guide to Edible Wild Plants (of Eastern and Central North America)" book.  I carry that, a "Firesteel",a full tang knife, and a water straw with me at all times.  I also carry a backup USB battery for my phone (good for three to five charges of my phone) for all the other reference books I have as PDFs.
Title: UFOs and Aliens?
Post by: Senkusha on 27-Jul-2023 (Thu) @ 20:45:56
So I'm watching a lot of TikTok and I find it hilarious that most people are like "Yeah, okay, no big deal.  Still got bills to pay, and we're so tired of this BS."

And then I saw this TikTok about... "so are you going to probe us and stick stuff in our butt?"  LOL  OMG!

What's really cool, and gives me some hope, is that all the energy potential, solving food problems and all the other problems that would have been solved with the development of intergalactic / inter-dimensional space travel!

What are your thoughts / feelings on this?
Title: Re: UFOs and Aliens?
Post by: ZandraJoi on 03-Jan-2024 (Wed) @ 11:56:37
Quote from: Senkusha on 27-Jul-2023 (Thu) @ 20:45:56So I'm watching a lot of TikTok and I find it hilarious that most people are like "Yeah, okay, no big deal.  Still got bills to pay, and we're so tired of this BS."

And then I saw this TikTok about... "so are you going to probe us and stick stuff in our butt?"  LOL  OMG!

What's really cool, and gives me some hope, is that all the energy potential, solving food problems and all the other problems that would have been solved with the development of intergalactic / inter-dimensional space travel!

What are your thoughts / feelings on this?
While it sounds good on paper, just like in the movies, it would only benefit the elite. Not the average citizen who could NOT afford it.
Just like eating organic food. It's better for you, healthier, but also WAY more expensive so it's not feasible for the average person. We buy as much organic as we can but we're also older, no kids, but it's still takes a chunk out of our paycheck.