Fate.Testarossa.reduced.png
An avatar can tell a lot about a person, and I know that I choose my avatars very carefully when I present myself on a forum. If a picture says a thousand words, and avatar may have a story associated with it. So, if it does, let's hear your story. Why did you choose the avatar you're currently sporting?
For me, Fate Testarossa and I share common childhood trauma, I connected with this fictional character after I watched the entire first season of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. Fate and I share common personality traits, like never-yielding determination, loyalty, and gentle kindness toward others. Another reason why I chose this particular image is because, well, it's really cute! And I adore the chibi style of anime characters. Someday, I hope to be able to draw these characters as well as others can!
My avatar is my humpback whale. It?s my favorite whale. Love their songs & I even have a CD I listen to. Would love to see one in the wild one of these days.
I love fishing and I so much enjoy drinking beer. I came across my avatar when I started using forums around 2008 and it represented everything I loved so much. It's how I've been stuck with it ever since.
My avatar is a picture of Nick Cave singer of The Birthday Party and Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
Quote from: TwitchisMental on 18-Dec-2023 (Mon) @ 18:27:42My avatar is a picture of Nick Cave singer of The Birthday Party and Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
To me,
@TwitchisMental , you'll
always look like Nick Cave in my mind. :nosweat:
Quote from: Senkusha on 18-Dec-2023 (Mon) @ 20:24:28Quote from: TwitchisMental on 18-Dec-2023 (Mon) @ 18:27:42My avatar is a picture of Nick Cave singer of The Birthday Party and Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
To me, @TwitchisMental , you'll always look like Nick Cave in my mind. :nosweat:
Not far off to be honest. XD
Quote from: Senkusha on 05-Dec-2023 (Tue) @ 21:05:27Fate.Testarossa.reduced.png
An avatar can tell a lot about a person, and I know that I choose my avatars very carefully when I present myself on a forum. If a picture says a thousand words, and avatar may have a story associated with it. So, if it does, let's hear your story. Why did you choose the avatar you're currently sporting?
For me, Fate Testarossa and I share common childhood trauma, I connected with this fictional character after I watched the entire first season of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. Fate and I share common personality traits, like never-yielding determination, loyalty, and gentle kindness toward others. Another reason why I chose this particular image is because, well, it's really cute! And I adore the chibi style of anime characters. Someday, I hope to be able to draw these characters as well as others can!
While I'm not familiar with Magical Girl, I have read more about it here.
What do you like to draw?
Quote from: Heatman on 18-Dec-2023 (Mon) @ 16:14:38I love fishing and I so much enjoy drinking beer. I came across my avatar when I started using forums around 2008 and it represented everything I loved so much. It's how I've been stuck with it ever since.
I had wondered about that lol
Do you fish often?
Quote from: TwitchisMental on 18-Dec-2023 (Mon) @ 18:27:42My avatar is a picture of Nick Cave singer of The Birthday Party and Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
I've never heard of him nor his songs. Is he popular in the USA?
I actually am going to start studying how to draw Chibi anime characters. I have a book Beginner's Gude to Drawing Manga Chibi Girls, that has a lot of great information in it. I really like this art style because it's so simplified, and I tend to shake, so I was looking for a cute, simplistic art style that I might be able to get into drawing.
I'd love to make some manga books, some ideas I have would be a Book of Shadows for Wiccans, an illustrated guide to How to Role Play, and just a couple of fictional stories I've written (need to rewrite), but I want to illustrate them in the manga, chibi style.
0026_002en-us-e1583715818216.webp
Quote from: ZandraJoi on 20-Dec-2023 (Wed) @ 11:36:46Quote from: Senkusha on 05-Dec-2023 (Tue) @ 21:05:27Fate.Testarossa.reduced.png
An avatar can tell a lot about a person, and I know that I choose my avatars very carefully when I present myself on a forum. If a picture says a thousand words, and avatar may have a story associated with it. So, if it does, let's hear your story. Why did you choose the avatar you're currently sporting?
For me, Fate Testarossa and I share common childhood trauma, I connected with this fictional character after I watched the entire first season of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. Fate and I share common personality traits, like never-yielding determination, loyalty, and gentle kindness toward others. Another reason why I chose this particular image is because, well, it's really cute! And I adore the chibi style of anime characters. Someday, I hope to be able to draw these characters as well as others can!
While I'm not familiar with Magical Girl, I have read more about it here.
What do you like to draw?
Quote from: Heatman on 18-Dec-2023 (Mon) @ 16:14:38I love fishing and I so much enjoy drinking beer. I came across my avatar when I started using forums around 2008 and it represented everything I loved so much. It's how I've been stuck with it ever since.
I had wondered about that lol
Do you fish often?
Quote from: TwitchisMental on 18-Dec-2023 (Mon) @ 18:27:42My avatar is a picture of Nick Cave singer of The Birthday Party and Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
I've never heard of him nor his songs. Is he popular in the USA?
Yes and no. With everyone not really. Within a few sub cultures (Goth,DeathRockers, 80's lovers etc) yes he is popular.
He actually comes from Australia though, which I would assume is where his name is a bit more well known in general.
Some of his music from The Birthday Party -
Release The Bats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J8Ygt_t69A
Deep In The Woods -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99A5SA0Yb8E
As Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds -
Red Right Hand -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxePKps87k
O Children -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0dq6SL8WRc
His later music in Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds is where most of his more popular music comes from.
Both songs mention above have been features in movies. Red Right Hand was featured in Dumb and Dumberer and O Children was features in Harry Potter and The Deathly Hollows Part 1.
He has been doing music since 1983 and still performs to this day :).
Edit: Sorry for the info dump XD.