Kawaii Klub

Study Hall - General Discussion => Kagome's General Gossip and Discussion => Topic started by: Senkusha on 12-Jan-2023 (Thu) @ 14:12:17

Title: Studying for The Test
Post by: Senkusha on 12-Jan-2023 (Thu) @ 14:12:17
So, after ten years of being off the road, I've decided to take my written and road test again and get my driver's license!  Everybody beware as this girl learned to drive in Kansas where the biggest problem was having no shoulders and a five foot drop off each side of the road.  Here in Boston, its these damn Round-abouts, Circles, or Rotaries that scare the hell out of me.
Title: Re: Studying for The Test
Post by: Senkusha on 26-Jan-2023 (Thu) @ 15:46:03
So... it hasn't happened yet.  My hours at work got cut in half, so, it'll be a little while longer before I get that dreaded Permit.
Title: Re: Studying for The Test
Post by: Ravenfreak on 02-Feb-2023 (Thu) @ 23:55:42
I need to learn how to drive myself. :S I really want this year to be the year I finally get it. I need to find time to practice, that's my main issue. I do get three day weekends, so I just need to have my spouse help me.
Title: Re: Studying for The Test
Post by: Senkusha on 03-Feb-2023 (Fri) @ 05:24:58
Right now, I've put all that on hold.  I'm in a #YellowAlert situation with my current housing.  My landlord/roommate is an intoxicated, abusive, passive-aggressive monster and I need to move out like NOW.  Problem is that my fiancee lives with me, so most Rooms for Rent are out of the question, and rent for a Studio here is $1500+, and they want first, last month's rent, plus security deposit and a "Broker's Fee", both of which can each be up to one month's rent.  Living paycheck to paycheck for nearly two years hasn't yielded very much in savings either, I'm afraid. :(

Sorry to vent.  I'm kinda freaking out right now, this morning was bad.
Title: Re: Studying for The Test
Post by: Ravenfreak on 03-Feb-2023 (Fri) @ 20:31:59
That sucks! :( It really is hard living from paycheck to paycheck, and the cost of living keeps going up which sucks too. Maybe you and your fiance could move in with someone temporarily until you're both back on your feet?
Title: Re: Studying for The Test
Post by: Senkusha on 04-Feb-2023 (Sat) @ 04:59:29
We looked into that already.  Her mom's landlord said no.  Maybe one of my many Facebook posts will yield some results.