Kawaii Klub

Study Hall - General Discussion => Kagome's General Gossip and Discussion => Topic started by: Skuld-chan on 20-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 09:07:29

Title: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Skuld-chan on 20-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 09:07:29
So, I was thinking the other day...I know, a scary prospect....about the cartoons I used to watch as a kid.  Some of my personal favorites (that I can actually remember) are:


And probably my most favorite:  Dinosaucers.

Anybody remember these?  Or a better question, does anybody care?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Faia ren on 20-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 09:53:03
Thunder cats isn't that old... I remember watching it a few years ago... Like when i was in elemetary school.. ok... maybe it is a little old...
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Skuld-chan on 20-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 10:37:40
Gee, you're making me sound really old now!  :P
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Faia ren on 20-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 10:40:47
Sorry... But that was like years ago... Actually... I didn't start watching them until... middle school... about... three years ago... so then they can't be too old... Could they??
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Skuld-chan on 20-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 10:51:10
well....er....um......could be....you're probabaly watching reruns..... *cringes*  "must....find.....reruns.....!"
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Faia ren on 20-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 10:54:28
I guess so... I watched them then and then they took the show off... I don't really remember what part they were at...
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Sari on 20-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 18:30:40
Now that I think about, Tenchi Muyo is kind old compared to other current shows. It was still one of the best. Ahem:
-DBZ
-Thunder Cats
-Speed Racer
- Tenchi Muyo
-Angry Beavers
-Rocko's Modern Life
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 20-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 20:39:51
Tenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!!!
Mighty Morphing Power Rangers!!!
Ren and Stimpy!!!!

How can anyone forget these?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 21-Mar-2006 (Tue) @ 06:16:04
kusha secretly had gray hair, he just dyes it pink
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 21-Mar-2006 (Tue) @ 16:35:12
LOL!!!! really? I wanna see the cotton candy head!!!   :P
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Sari on 21-Mar-2006 (Tue) @ 20:41:30
oooh....O-o Me too. LET ME SEE!!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Dreamseeker on 27-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 10:24:45
I loved ThunderCats!!!!

What about He-Man!!
And Smurfs!
And Gem!
And The Chipmunks!
And Mighty Mouse!
And Tom and Jerry!
And Rainbow Brite!
And Carebears!!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 27-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 15:00:38
Boy you guys have alot of memories of great cartoons. AS for me I do remember Galaxy High from CBS Saturday Morning & The Comic Strip that have 4 cartoons (Camp Mimi-Mon, Karate Kat, The Street Frogs, & The TigerSharks) that aired on Sunday Morning on 57.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 27-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 15:15:57
lol i remember stuff like that... god i feel old...
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Sari on 27-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 22:09:46
Tiger Sharks was a good show.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 28-Mar-2006 (Tue) @ 01:02:28
For my college mascot is the cougar. When I saw the college shirt, I thought it was Thundercat shirt because it was red with same cat that for the Thundercat signal. Does any remember the Pink Panther, Tom and Jerry, and time Tenchi Universe was on Cartoon Network. I still can remember about the famous redub "Tea" the tea the get you drunk.   :))
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 28-Mar-2006 (Tue) @ 01:10:13
I do. Ryoko dared Ayeka to drink a whole bottle of "Tea". Boy her face was pinkish red after drinking that.  :))
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 28-Mar-2006 (Tue) @ 03:44:09
Oh and i remember that ryoko wore swimming costumes and they cut out the part where mihoshi and ryo-ohki get drunk!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 28-Mar-2006 (Tue) @ 04:21:28
Wacky Racers!

((heh i remember that part))
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 28-Mar-2006 (Tue) @ 05:04:16
  :-[ (<- what the ? ? ?) dasterdly

d1ck you know thats what i mean...
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 28-Mar-2006 (Tue) @ 13:36:09
Anyone remember the show on Toonami. Zoids.If love this old cartoon there a channel called Boomrang that show only old show like Jetson,Scooby Doo,Flintstone,Smurf and more.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 28-Mar-2006 (Tue) @ 13:47:07
ugg...Zoids was alright...but it is fairly recent...

Now who can hate the classic Flintstones and Jetsons? lol
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 30-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 00:23:41
ok...anyone remember the Smurfs?  rofl

or (not really a cartoon, but a kids show anyway) Banana Splits? or Electric Company?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 30-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 03:44:34
i cant hate the jetsons nor the flintstons,
i never watched smurfs but i think i would have disliked it
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 30-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 15:59:41
smurfs was alright...gorgolof whas the cats name (i think) the cat was funny when the smurfs always beat it down
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Skuld-chan on 30-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 16:54:05
there was Gargamel, the wizard and ..... darn...what was that cat's name....  Isabell?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 30-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 18:35:44
I think the asral or sometime like that for the cat name. Heard  of Secret Squirrel or Dexter Lab
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 30-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 19:45:58
Another cartoon that I remember is Popeye & Son. In that one Popeye FINALLY got Olive's hand & raised a son but so did Bluto to start a generation of the rivalary.

2 of the short esipodes that I know is when Popeye & junior watched the football game while Olive goes out to her workout class. The boys did some rough-housing & trashed the house by mistake. So they ate spinach to get the power to clean the house. The werid part was Popeye was bigger than the house. The reason why is when he jumped, he fixed the ground & garden to the house.

The next part was when Popeye & Bluto were tested to see who's the worlds strongest man by defeating the 2 headed giant. Popeye defeat that 2 headed baby but quickly ran away because his reward was a kiss from the SeaHag :sob: .
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 30-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 20:47:20
My friend make me remeber show called Ah real monsters. I also does anyone the second generation batman before robin, batgirl and nightwing.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 30-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 21:22:29
ohh...i remember the origional batman stuff...that was good...
gargamel and isabel...thats right...
Popeye...awesome show...Toot Toot!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 30-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 21:37:33
I love how well-develop many of the villain are in original batman.
It is funny how many favorite cartoon like tom and jerry how they are reborn and reborn agian and even reborn into different thing.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 31-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 05:10:11
tom and jerry ahhhhhhhhh
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 31-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 18:31:32
TOM AND JERRY YEA!!!! lol...i still watch that...
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 01-Apr-2006 (Sat) @ 04:49:12
... i still have vids of it!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 01-Apr-2006 (Sat) @ 14:03:21
it is still on TV...that is wher ei watch it...

Oh! Who can forget Droopy Dog?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 02-Apr-2006 (Sun) @ 00:17:11
and his son Drippy.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 02-Apr-2006 (Sun) @ 00:30:29
"Hello all you happy people"
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 02-Apr-2006 (Sun) @ 00:53:51
Garfield,
SwatCat, and Dark Waters
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 02-Apr-2006 (Sun) @ 00:55:15
Ohh..pirats of Dark Water...Thunder Cats....those are some oldies...
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 02-Apr-2006 (Sun) @ 15:35:00
Hey guys. I remember that I got a bittorrent of the SWATKats in my group if anyone wants it.

Matter of fact during in high school my friends called me T-Bone. So I kept the nickname to match my coolness for my artwork & running skills.  8)
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 02-Apr-2006 (Sun) @ 20:49:02
nice...T-Bone? how does that connect?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 02-Apr-2006 (Sun) @ 23:03:49
Yes how?  ???
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 03-Apr-2006 (Mon) @ 00:57:29
Space Ghost,
Bird Man,
Now somebody took these show reincration into something different.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 03-Apr-2006 (Mon) @ 19:07:35
Well the SwatKat's T-Bone is also into speed as much as I do, he's about as tall & built as I am, and the ladies digs him as alot of babes digs me.  ;D

During in high school I was running in Sonic speed to get away from a mob of babes who wanted to kiss me. Why you asked? Well I saved those girls from alot of guys who were doing mean things to them. Some of my homeboys heard about my heroics & nicknamed me T-Bone.  8)
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 03-Apr-2006 (Mon) @ 21:33:31
Are Tenchi or something?
I can of question of true of what you said.
Is it true?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 03-Apr-2006 (Mon) @ 21:48:50
Yes it's true. Alot of girls from my high shcool & a few of the girls that cam from a school that nuns teaches there also give chase.  :joyful:

One 1 of the nun teachers see me doing good by helping out.

But anyway, I'm a hero that helps out girls that are in trouble by bullies.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 04-Apr-2006 (Tue) @ 04:27:41
i suppose its only the ones with the big breasts.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 04-Apr-2006 (Tue) @ 13:03:59
Not really. I save alot of girls no matter what they look like.

I'm a fighter who help out any girl who is in trouble. I don't know why male bullies pick on girls to get lucky in a bad way but I think that it's wrong to do that to a lady.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 04-Apr-2006 (Tue) @ 13:09:06
because people want to look cool/tough
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 04-Apr-2006 (Tue) @ 13:23:42
Well the only way for me to be cool is to be nice to the girls. Beileve me they will show their graditude later on.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 04-Apr-2006 (Tue) @ 16:36:40
I am kinda older than you, and kinda married.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 04-Apr-2006 (Tue) @ 18:19:09
Okay. Just treat your wife to something speical. No matter what the age every lady wanted to be treated speical.

I know I'm about 2 years younger & I 'm not married yet but I sometimes say the right things to match the topic.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 04-Apr-2006 (Tue) @ 18:28:06
Sorry. I guess I have been rude. That wasn't the purpose of my original intentions.

I am sorry.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 04-Apr-2006 (Tue) @ 18:34:04
It's okay. I was just giving some adice to help out.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 04-Apr-2006 (Tue) @ 18:38:20
I do not like it when people try and shoot there own guns, and I am sure do don't like it when people you barley know condescend you for doing so.

A minor misunderstanding  :)
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 04-Apr-2006 (Tue) @ 18:56:43
One of mine friend say when it come to girl "good guy finish last."
What kind of bulling do you mean any way?
Bad pick up line or something else?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 04-Apr-2006 (Tue) @ 19:05:20
Well lordvir those bullies were trying to attack the girls when they wanted to force a kisson the girls when they say no to them.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Skuld-chan on 04-Apr-2006 (Tue) @ 19:42:53
"Good guys finish last"......I'd say at least they finish.....the bad ones however, even if they finish, they usually end up disqualified in the end.  :)
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 04-Apr-2006 (Tue) @ 21:08:16
Speaking about bullies I remember the esipode about Goof Troop when Max, PJ, & Max's cousin Debbie take on the Duke who lead the gang called the Pharohs.

Duke really got it at the end of it.  :))
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 06-Apr-2006 (Thu) @ 15:52:52
lol...yes he did...goof troop was an...interesting show...not really all that good...the movies were alright though...
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 06-Apr-2006 (Thu) @ 19:44:12
Well Goof Troup did started as one of Goofy's cartoons when he did does Mr. X series. The funniest thing about Goof Troop is when Peg (Pete's wife) gets of Pete & the esipode when Peg wanted to meet this high-class lady. But her dogs took a bite at Peg's dress in the rear.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 19-Apr-2006 (Wed) @ 22:20:26
Top Cat, Tom and Jerry Show,Bullwinkly Show.
I know this is out of place. Contunies
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: James on 26-Apr-2006 (Wed) @ 17:39:05
GI Joe
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 26-Apr-2006 (Wed) @ 21:38:15
I got another one. Does anybody remembers JEM?

She's like a pink-haired singing Barbie doll.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Dreamseeker on 27-Apr-2006 (Thu) @ 09:59:38
I remember!! I loved watching her. lol Her car was cool!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 27-Apr-2006 (Thu) @ 14:29:07
I have already said Hawkman,Green Lantern, Fanastic Four, Banana Split or Birdman?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: James on 29-Apr-2006 (Sat) @ 22:15:32
smerfs
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 02-May-2006 (Tue) @ 17:54:21
Snork
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 02-May-2006 (Tue) @ 22:00:30
Fat Albert  :P
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 02-May-2006 (Tue) @ 22:01:36
"Hey Hey Hey"

that Fat Albert, right?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 02-May-2006 (Tue) @ 22:45:09
Yeah that's right. I found a 2-disk DVD set of it but I didn't have any money for it.  :'(
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 02-May-2006 (Tue) @ 23:43:48
Two angry Beaver.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 03-May-2006 (Wed) @ 03:04:42
Sabrina the teenage witch
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 03-May-2006 (Wed) @ 22:00:12
Magilla Gorilla
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 04-May-2006 (Thu) @ 05:37:27
rugrats
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 04-May-2006 (Thu) @ 21:13:55
Space Ghost
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: James on 08-May-2006 (Mon) @ 15:57:00
speed racer
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 08-May-2006 (Mon) @ 21:44:01
Johnny Quest
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: James on 09-May-2006 (Tue) @ 19:08:51
GI Joe
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 09-May-2006 (Tue) @ 20:29:33
Touche' Turtle
Tex Avery Show
Toon Head
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 10-May-2006 (Wed) @ 21:44:47
Darkwing Duck
Garfield
Charlie Brown & the Peanuts
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 10-May-2006 (Wed) @ 22:59:38
Spiderman
X-men
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 13-May-2006 (Sat) @ 17:34:12
Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 13-May-2006 (Sat) @ 18:50:45
The Superfriends.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: bkev on 15-May-2006 (Mon) @ 11:00:41
Quote from: Zionia on 20-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 20:39:51Tenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!!!
Mighty Morphing Power Rangers!!!
Ren and Stimpy!!!!

How can anyone forget these?
agreed.  I'm too lazy to read through the whole thread, so I'm just going to list

Dragonball 2000 dub on CN
For a period of time when I was sick (probably 7 or 8 at the time) I was forced to watch Power Rangers or Baby Luney Tunes.  I was addicted to the original series for quite awhile.
Hamtaro was interesting.  Quite.
Megas XLR (relatively new, around 2004)
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 15-May-2006 (Mon) @ 13:11:33
 :'( I am sad for you being sick and have to watch show like power ranger. I hope it was not to horrible.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: bkev on 16-May-2006 (Tue) @ 14:33:17
note I said I got addicted, however when the original series was on I was too young to comprehend it (probably 3) so the show was a new concept to me.  I was slightly interested.

How could I forget PowerPuff girls?  It was an interesting show for us who had nothing better to do and enjoyed cheap comedy.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 16-May-2006 (Tue) @ 15:29:45
Wally Gator
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: James on 17-May-2006 (Wed) @ 11:34:55
under dog
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 17-May-2006 (Wed) @ 14:43:08
The Bullwinkle Show
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: James on 17-May-2006 (Wed) @ 18:15:38
bugs bunny
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 17-May-2006 (Wed) @ 18:37:41
Heathcliff and Maramduke.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Dreamseeker on 19-May-2006 (Fri) @ 10:45:19
Someone told me that He-Man is coming out on DVD! Woo Hoo!!!!  :woot:
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 19-May-2006 (Fri) @ 14:42:53
ThunderCat second season is also out too.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: James on 21-May-2006 (Sun) @ 08:12:46
Transformers
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 21-May-2006 (Sun) @ 15:01:52
Robot in disguise.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Dreamseeker on 22-May-2006 (Mon) @ 16:25:28
Quote from: Warlord Vir on 19-May-2006 (Fri) @ 14:42:53ThunderCat second season is also out too.
Looks like I'll have to add to my wish list!!!!   :hehe:
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 22-May-2006 (Mon) @ 21:39:45
There other cartoon serie on DVD.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Shidasko on 23-May-2006 (Tue) @ 13:27:35
Ducktales, and Chip N Dale's Rescue Rangers is already out on DVD
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 23-May-2006 (Tue) @ 13:28:37
I do not know that.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Shidasko on 23-May-2006 (Tue) @ 13:38:16
I kind of see these things sitting on the Tuesday Release table over at work.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 23-May-2006 (Tue) @ 13:55:43
Where do you work?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: James on 24-May-2006 (Wed) @ 10:27:57
car racer
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 24-May-2006 (Wed) @ 14:02:29
That name of the store.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 24-May-2006 (Wed) @ 20:48:32
Sorry I'm late.  :nosweat: I was having a blast at my birth party.  ;D I found out that the wacky warners Yakko, Wacko, & Dot are having their 1st season on DVD as well.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Shidasko on 24-May-2006 (Wed) @ 22:37:39
Wacky Races, I remember that only cartoon show with like 8 differnt cars with racers from different cartoon show. It was pretty cool stuff... hmmm...
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 25-May-2006 (Thu) @ 12:21:56
I remember World Game cartoon with three group of cartoons challege each. I forget the name.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: James on 25-May-2006 (Thu) @ 22:52:55
Care Bears
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 25-May-2006 (Thu) @ 23:38:56
It was called the Laff-o-mplius. Sorry about the spelling but it is the cartoon you were taking about lordvir. There's the Yogi Yahooies, the Scooby Doobies, & the Really Rottens. They have some toon characters that have their series like Captian Caveman & the Angels.

And did you guys noticed that Fred Flintstone & Barney Rumble who were speical guest on there didn't aged a bit? They didn't aged when Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm have their babies.  :omg:
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 25-May-2006 (Thu) @ 23:58:28
Fiction does not need to be alway realist.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: James on 26-May-2006 (Fri) @ 23:17:43
Back to the future was a cartoon
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 30-May-2006 (Tue) @ 12:41:46
There Cartoon make from Movie and Books like I remember they was Wizard of OZ cartoon.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: James on 01-Jun-2006 (Thu) @ 16:29:17
speed racer
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 02-Jun-2006 (Fri) @ 12:56:53
speed racer was parody and mock by so many shows.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: James on 09-Jun-2006 (Fri) @ 08:08:08
bug bunny
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 09-Jun-2006 (Fri) @ 12:14:13
Daffy Duck
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: James on 09-Jun-2006 (Fri) @ 18:29:55
Pooh Bear
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Un Gato on 09-Jun-2006 (Fri) @ 21:13:05
PokeMon, Cardcaptors, a little bit of Mr. Bill, Dragonball Z, Blues Clues.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: James on 10-Jun-2006 (Sat) @ 16:53:46
Tella tubbys
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 10-Jun-2006 (Sat) @ 17:27:36
Mickey Mouse
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 15-Jun-2006 (Thu) @ 21:15:24
Captain N the Game Master
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 17-Jun-2006 (Sat) @ 19:10:38
Quote from: NinjaSonic on 15-Jun-2006 (Thu) @ 21:15:24Captain N the Game Master
Never heard of him.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: NinjaSonic on 29-Jun-2006 (Thu) @ 23:35:31
Captain N is a Nintendo cartoon that was out on NBC around 1986. The story is about a teenager named Kevin who was playing his SNES until a portal appered from his game & sucked him to the game world. There he have to help this princess defeat Mother Brain from taking over.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 30-Jun-2006 (Fri) @ 23:56:44
D&D
However I only seen glimspes.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: James on 22-Aug-2006 (Tue) @ 19:06:28
I like speed racer
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: StratusNova on 22-Aug-2006 (Tue) @ 20:28:55
Digimon!!!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 22-Aug-2006 (Tue) @ 20:56:42
Help it the Hair Bears!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 23-Aug-2006 (Wed) @ 21:03:51
Captain Planet!!!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 23-Aug-2006 (Wed) @ 21:29:40
Yogi Bear
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 24-Aug-2006 (Thu) @ 00:54:58
Johnny Quest
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 24-Aug-2006 (Thu) @ 18:54:34
Richie Rich
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 24-Aug-2006 (Thu) @ 21:37:42
Space Ghost Coast to Coast
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 24-Aug-2006 (Thu) @ 22:18:48
Tenchi Universe
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 25-Aug-2006 (Fri) @ 18:48:44
Jabber Jaw
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 25-Aug-2006 (Fri) @ 23:20:53
Scooby Doo
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Shidasko on 27-Aug-2006 (Sun) @ 23:30:32
Pound Puppies!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 28-Aug-2006 (Mon) @ 14:25:20
Tom and Jerry
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: James on 29-Aug-2006 (Tue) @ 09:11:52
GI JOE
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Dreamseeker on 29-Aug-2006 (Tue) @ 15:18:46
Captain Caveman  rofl  ;)
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 29-Aug-2006 (Tue) @ 20:10:31
Two stupid Dogs.
I said "just two dogs and not the majority of dogs."
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Shidasko on 30-Aug-2006 (Wed) @ 22:56:30
Anyone who was a cartoon cartoon fan person, they woudl automatically understand what it is...about a sheep dog and weiner dog..
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 31-Aug-2006 (Thu) @ 13:20:29
Ren & Stimpy!!!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 06-Sep-2006 (Wed) @ 21:04:52
Digusting show about a cat and dog?
  :x
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Shidasko on 07-Sep-2006 (Thu) @ 00:31:13
Okay, if this rate keeps up then this thread should be removed to one of the game threads. As it pretty much losing all point and contact andbecoming a spam thread so far.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 07-Sep-2006 (Thu) @ 19:59:58
What mean by?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 11-Sep-2006 (Mon) @ 13:16:04
lol..true...i forgot this was a thread about the cartoons...not about naming them...oh well...we named a lot of them...
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 11-Sep-2006 (Mon) @ 18:53:04
Yes, we did. So what do we do?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 12-Sep-2006 (Tue) @ 12:58:40
i miss the rocky and bullwinkle show...that was always great...
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 12-Sep-2006 (Tue) @ 19:13:08
Yes it was.
So was Underdog.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 13-Sep-2006 (Wed) @ 11:29:39
i liked when i could turn on Boomerang and watch all the classics....i cant seem to find it anymore though  :'(
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Shidasko on 13-Sep-2006 (Wed) @ 11:51:12
Wacky Races was the way to go back in the day.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 13-Sep-2006 (Wed) @ 14:17:21
Wacky Race was pretty good.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 01-Oct-2006 (Sun) @ 20:45:34
yea...especially that snickering dog
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 01-Oct-2006 (Sun) @ 21:07:12
HAHAHAH
Yes, he was funny.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Shidasko on 02-Oct-2006 (Mon) @ 15:29:51
Mafia Midgets for the Pwn!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 02-Oct-2006 (Mon) @ 18:43:08
Ant Hill Mob?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 23-Oct-2006 (Mon) @ 19:13:20
Okay...one more from my younger days...Super Chicken...and a friend of mine loved the original speed racer!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 23-Oct-2006 (Mon) @ 21:44:46
Underdog
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: SephirothJL on 23-Oct-2006 (Mon) @ 22:41:59
the shows i grew up with were from old nickolodeon, like with Clarissa explains it all, and Pete and Pete, and Who's afraid of the dark, Rocko's Modern Life, Rein and Stimpy, Gulla Gullah island, Global Gutts, Legend of the Hidden Temple... and the list goes on.... u know shows like that.... those were what I grew up on as a kid, not the dumb stuff they show on Nick now...
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 23-Oct-2006 (Mon) @ 22:45:54
Who afraid of the dark!
I remember that. It was based off a book series
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: SephirothJL on 23-Oct-2006 (Mon) @ 23:07:11
was it really i never knew that....
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 23-Oct-2006 (Mon) @ 23:36:44
I can remember reading some of the books.
Like the one about a boy who change into a bee.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 29-Oct-2006 (Sun) @ 22:22:35
anyone ever watch felix the cat?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 30-Oct-2006 (Mon) @ 08:54:43
No,but I saw garfield.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 31-Oct-2006 (Tue) @ 00:45:52
Garfield was WAAAAAYY after felix...lol
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: bkev on 31-Oct-2006 (Tue) @ 10:36:47
Quote from: TechnoDragon on 29-Oct-2006 (Sun) @ 22:22:35anyone ever watch felix the cat?
I recall a movie that played on Disney that was in color that featured him.  It was great.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Skuld-chan on 31-Oct-2006 (Tue) @ 10:43:43
I think I've seen parts of a rerun episode....
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 31-Oct-2006 (Tue) @ 11:12:45
ROFL..you guys are great! and felix the cat was originally black and white!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 31-Oct-2006 (Tue) @ 11:28:44
Any seen Pink Panther?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Skuld-chan on 31-Oct-2006 (Tue) @ 13:32:05
Yeah!! I loved the pink panther!  That was right up there with the Smurfs!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 31-Oct-2006 (Tue) @ 15:58:52
me too.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 01-Nov-2006 (Wed) @ 10:46:40
OMG the Smurfs!  That is a cartoon I have not heard about in ages!

Poor gargamel always trying to catch those little blue buggers!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 01-Nov-2006 (Wed) @ 13:39:52
What about his abused cat?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Dreamseeker on 01-Nov-2006 (Wed) @ 15:18:00
I miss the Smurfs! I still have a Smurfette doll that my Aunt knitted for me. My 6 yr old has already rolled her eyes at me for liking them LOL.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Slain on 01-Nov-2006 (Wed) @ 17:40:34
The smurfs were crazy. I still have a coupla smurf figurines. And the pink panther was even better.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 01-Nov-2006 (Wed) @ 18:15:07
I alway wonder why they stop making the Smurf.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 02-Nov-2006 (Thu) @ 01:16:40
The crazy thing is they have brought them back...I think it is on the cartoon network (on cable)...they have re-released it and my kids love it!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Dreamseeker on 02-Nov-2006 (Thu) @ 10:31:33
Hmm... I must find a dvd of them for her for Christmas. lol (We don't have cable)
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 02-Nov-2006 (Thu) @ 12:23:37
But there is no more new Smurf.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 04-Nov-2006 (Sat) @ 01:40:37
not yet...give them time...they have started putting out toys again...new episodes are not far away i am sure!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 04-Nov-2006 (Sat) @ 14:35:18
I hope so.
Nice Avatar.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 05-Nov-2006 (Sun) @ 20:12:41
Thank you...figured it was time to change it up a bit!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 05-Nov-2006 (Sun) @ 20:24:05
However, it is not very commonly for to make new episode of old show without someone reiventing it.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 06-Nov-2006 (Mon) @ 00:20:31
True, but I have seen it...Transformers is a perfect example...they first re-released it, now they have all new shows.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 06-Nov-2006 (Mon) @ 00:59:39
I can remember the fanastic four cartoon series as a children and when they made the recent fanastic four. I was anger because Dr. Doom was given superpower to be a supervillian. Dr. Doom was a supervillian because of his brillant plan, weapon and traps, and not superpower.
So in a sense, they re-invented fanastic four with Dr. Doom.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 06-Nov-2006 (Mon) @ 11:45:47
True, but in the comic book he was a supervillain...not just an extraordinary human
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 06-Nov-2006 (Mon) @ 15:00:53
It usually seem that hollywood can't stay true to the loyal diehard fans.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 06-Nov-2006 (Mon) @ 22:34:59
sometimes they do, but most of the time lately they try to make things closer to their original design.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 07-Nov-2006 (Tue) @ 17:24:09
I agree.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 08-Nov-2006 (Wed) @ 11:28:34
You have to give them credit though...more and more movies are being made that are much closer to the print version than ever before
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 08-Nov-2006 (Wed) @ 14:01:31
However, sometime the reinvention of a show is better than the original.
Example: Superfriends- Justice League
The Justice League is better than the Superfriend show was.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 08-Nov-2006 (Wed) @ 18:21:44
Absolutely...my kids watch it when it is on and it is so much better...the old was was definitely cheesy.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 08-Nov-2006 (Wed) @ 22:42:13
Cheesy,
It was almost a cheese factory.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 09-Nov-2006 (Thu) @ 11:45:49
ROFL

Amen to that!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 09-Nov-2006 (Thu) @ 16:22:47
I do not know Superfriend serie which wasn't cheesy.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 09-Nov-2006 (Thu) @ 23:08:56
Another cheesy one was the original batman cartoon!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 09-Nov-2006 (Thu) @ 23:37:19
Are you talking about the very old batman serie?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 11-Nov-2006 (Sat) @ 00:41:21
well, that too...the live action was extremely cheese-o-matic!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 12-Nov-2006 (Sun) @ 00:22:51
HAHAHAHA
I hear the live action one was cheesy.
I like the well animated serie where they had batman which evolve to have Robin and then Batgirl.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 14-Nov-2006 (Tue) @ 01:35:24
Ya, well you out to try to get a hold of some copies...seeing is believing!  Cheese does not begin to describe the original live action batman.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Skuld-chan on 14-Nov-2006 (Tue) @ 10:29:50
*POW*  *BANG*   *KABOOM*

LOL  (https://web.archive.org/web/20070811212206im_/http://www.ayeka.net/smf/Smileys/Anime/laugh.gif)


Does anybody remember the Thunder Cats?  I still have the themesong playing in my head!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Dreamseeker on 14-Nov-2006 (Tue) @ 10:55:22
  :woot: Yup! I can't remember much, except that I wanted to be in their "crew" soooooooo bad! lol We'd play He-Man & ThunderCats.

I loved the Cheesy Live Batman. Had a crush on him. lol

*POW*
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 14-Nov-2006 (Tue) @ 20:31:20
In my Belegarth group, they give a name after a comic book sound like POW KABOOM SPLAT and Others.
Because I seem to die too quickly.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 15-Nov-2006 (Wed) @ 10:36:03
ROFL @ Warlord

Thundercats...man...thanks a lot senk, now I have that stinking song stuck in my head now!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 15-Nov-2006 (Wed) @ 14:01:17
HAHAHA @ Tencho

I did better and I do not die so easyily.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 16-Nov-2006 (Thu) @ 01:05:20
tis ok... I started singing the tarzan boy song to get it out of my head!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 19-Nov-2006 (Sun) @ 18:20:18
Cure one problem with anyother.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 23-Nov-2006 (Thu) @ 00:42:01
absolutely!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Skuld-chan on 23-Nov-2006 (Thu) @ 07:02:09
Anybody remember a show called Dinosaucers?  Now there's a catchy theme song!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 23-Nov-2006 (Thu) @ 22:17:14
Well, I don't remember the theme, but I do vaguely remember the cartoon...
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 25-Nov-2006 (Sat) @ 16:51:33
Never heard of it.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Dreamseeker on 27-Nov-2006 (Mon) @ 09:39:57
Dinosaurs... As in "Not the Momma"?? LOL
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 27-Nov-2006 (Mon) @ 17:32:24
??? ? ???
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 28-Nov-2006 (Tue) @ 09:58:19
@ Dreamseeker...oh god yes!  I loved that tv show! especially the baby!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Dreamseeker on 28-Nov-2006 (Tue) @ 13:25:40
rofl I watched it all the time. It's gotta be out there somewhere! Was it pre Simpsons? Cause it's alot like it! LOL
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 28-Nov-2006 (Tue) @ 17:22:08
Was there flag a bulleyes?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 28-Nov-2006 (Tue) @ 23:50:50
no, no bullseye...but they came after the simpsons
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 29-Nov-2006 (Wed) @ 00:40:35
Sorry I do not know them.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Dreamseeker on 29-Nov-2006 (Wed) @ 08:22:25
Quote from: TechnoDragon on 28-Nov-2006 (Tue) @ 23:50:50no, no bullseye...but they came after the simpsons
Well, i was allowed to watch the Dinosaurs, but not the Simpsons. Mom didn't like the simpsons, so that could be why I don't remember. lol
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 29-Nov-2006 (Wed) @ 12:50:36
I remember my mom was same way with the power rangers.
Now, in retro sight, it was really bad.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 30-Nov-2006 (Thu) @ 22:54:26
simpsons I could understand, but the power rangers?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 05-Dec-2006 (Tue) @ 22:54:00
Do not ask me. I don't understand either.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 06-Dec-2006 (Wed) @ 20:12:17
wow and my kids call me strict! LOL
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 06-Dec-2006 (Wed) @ 21:56:00
I think it was during her earth mother phase or something.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 06-Dec-2006 (Wed) @ 23:35:00
Ahhhh...that would explain it then...at my house Adult Swim (late-night cartoons on the cartoon network) is off limits to my kids
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 07-Dec-2006 (Thu) @ 16:02:07
It is "Adult Swim" not kid Swim.
That how it was made.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Skuld-chan on 07-Dec-2006 (Thu) @ 18:11:32
That's when all the really good Anime's are on T.V.!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 07-Dec-2006 (Thu) @ 20:37:24
Yes it is.
I only wish they have more.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 07-Dec-2006 (Thu) @ 23:20:06
Yes I realize that...but you know kids and cartoons!

I have seen some of the anime on there...I like it!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 08-Dec-2006 (Fri) @ 13:05:32
But you would want your kid seeing it.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 09-Dec-2006 (Sat) @ 11:24:04
a couple of them are good...i usually watch them first to make sure
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 09-Dec-2006 (Sat) @ 17:37:27
I make another mistake in that message.
It was to be

Quote from: Warlord Vir on 08-Dec-2006 (Fri) @ 13:05:32But you would want your kid seeing it.

But you would not want your kid seeing it.
Sorry
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 09-Dec-2006 (Sat) @ 23:09:50
Ahhhh...well some of them that is true...part of the reason I watch them first
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 09-Dec-2006 (Sat) @ 23:37:50
Would you like to tell some of them?  :P
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 10-Dec-2006 (Sun) @ 01:36:32
Why did I know you were going to say that?

I remember the one with the dog-demon guy, ghost hunter, oh heck, what were the other ones...

I'll have to get back to you about those...
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 10-Dec-2006 (Sun) @ 15:51:16
You mean Inuyasha,Bleach and sorry I needed more info to get that one.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 10-Dec-2006 (Sun) @ 20:20:15
No, I don't think it was bleach...ghost hunter...or was it detective...the kid dies and then has to track down demons...
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 10-Dec-2006 (Sun) @ 21:37:56
Yu Yu Hakusho
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Skuld-chan on 11-Dec-2006 (Mon) @ 09:36:46
Don't forget Tenchi Universe.    ;) I feel that it's appropreate for kids.  But definatly not Tenchi Muyo!.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 11-Dec-2006 (Mon) @ 11:00:34
Quote from: Warlord Vir on 10-Dec-2006 (Sun) @ 21:37:56Yu Yu Hakusho
That's it!
Quote from: Skuld-chan on 11-Dec-2006 (Mon) @ 09:36:46Don't forget Tenchi Universe.    ;) I feel that it's appropreate for kids.  But definatly not Tenchi Muyo!.
I will have to look for some videos for them to watch (on the dvd player)  thanks for the suggestion!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 11-Dec-2006 (Mon) @ 18:19:51
But Tenchi Muyo is better than Tenchi Universe.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 11-Dec-2006 (Mon) @ 23:23:38
Yes, that may be true, but I think he was trying to keep it to anime that would be better for small children
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 12-Dec-2006 (Tue) @ 13:07:07
I know.
Tenchi Muyo was must surly make as OVA.
And Tenchi Universe was made for TV and easier for company like Cartoon Network to play.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 13-Dec-2006 (Wed) @ 08:30:12
Curious...what is OVA?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 13-Dec-2006 (Wed) @ 13:52:23
original video animation
mean the sell it at the store in video or DVD.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 13-Dec-2006 (Wed) @ 22:00:07
so you won't ever see it on tv?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 13-Dec-2006 (Wed) @ 22:47:36
It was not make to orginial to put on TV, just the stores. So they can get away with more things.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 14-Dec-2006 (Thu) @ 08:46:08
Ahh, I get it now...well then there is no chance for my kids to see it then...no worries!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 14-Dec-2006 (Thu) @ 12:34:07
They do modify it for TV.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 15-Dec-2006 (Fri) @ 09:55:38
by what...cutting out the "bad" scenes
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 15-Dec-2006 (Fri) @ 14:15:48
for younger view.
However for fan, it is not.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 20-Dec-2006 (Wed) @ 20:51:50
woody woodpecker
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 21-Dec-2006 (Thu) @ 13:43:56
I remember that show.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 21-Dec-2006 (Thu) @ 22:00:55
i know the guy who did the voice for woody woodpecker...
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 21-Dec-2006 (Thu) @ 22:48:33
Really?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 23-Dec-2006 (Sat) @ 03:15:16
Woody Woodpecker was great!  loved the way he taunted everyone!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 23-Dec-2006 (Sat) @ 12:31:09
Sadly, I can't remember very much of the show anymore.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 24-Dec-2006 (Sun) @ 01:03:22
ol

I think he was probably a bit before your time!

god i feel old saying that!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 24-Dec-2006 (Sun) @ 11:02:40
I do not think so.
I can remember have seen it, but not what it was like.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 26-Dec-2006 (Tue) @ 11:03:23
Basically it was bugs bunny style cartoons but with a woodpecker instead!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Dreamseeker on 26-Dec-2006 (Tue) @ 12:32:20
I loved Woody Woodpecker & Bugs Bunny. They're a couple of my faves.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 26-Dec-2006 (Tue) @ 15:20:36
Who doesn't like Bug Bunny?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 26-Dec-2006 (Tue) @ 19:15:35
i remember the show alright...yea the guy who did the voice lived a few blocks away when i lived on the west coast...we were good friends with his family
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 27-Dec-2006 (Wed) @ 14:12:25
Do mean the did voice of bug bunny for the show or a guy who could do the voice of bug bunny?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 28-Dec-2006 (Thu) @ 21:01:47
the guy who did woody woodpecker on the show
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 28-Dec-2006 (Thu) @ 23:00:07
WOW!
Really.
Let me ask, do you know any other voice actors of cartoons?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: bkev on 29-Dec-2006 (Fri) @ 01:03:04
come ON guys!

Superman TAS, Justice League, Batman TAS, Superman Famous studios cartoons, Popeye???
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 29-Dec-2006 (Fri) @ 17:20:16
???
I do not seem to understand your point.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 31-Dec-2006 (Sun) @ 14:13:46
Popeye...now that was a good cartoon as well.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 31-Dec-2006 (Sun) @ 17:36:55
we hit most of those earlier on...hehe...my GF is nicknamed Sweetpea after Popeye...
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 01-Jan-2007 (Mon) @ 03:22:06
I agree with tenchodragon.
And remember the story of me and my sister wanting popeye spinach(canned spinach),but we only would eat frozen spinach.
Popeye, not the best rolemodel,but at least teach why eating spinach is good for you.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Zionia on 07-Jan-2007 (Sun) @ 01:26:38
popeye rocks   :woot: you cant go wrong with a can of spinach
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 07-Jan-2007 (Sun) @ 01:27:50
However, I only like frozen spinach instead of canned spinach.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 25-Jan-2007 (Thu) @ 22:04:03
I feel old remebering these:

Transformers (not those new ones, the original)

Escaflowne (FOX ran it until parents complained they saw blood and a bra in the early episodes well over a decade ago)

Voltron
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 29-Jan-2007 (Mon) @ 10:14:45
LOL, those aren't old...huckleberry hound and speed racer...those are old!
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 29-Jan-2007 (Mon) @ 16:24:17
They are old to me.    :flat:
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 30-Jan-2007 (Tue) @ 00:01:48
Well, i guess they would be wouldn't they!

LOL
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 31-Jan-2007 (Wed) @ 18:09:30
Quote from: draconious380 on 25-Jan-2007 (Thu) @ 22:04:03Escaflowne (FOX ran it until parents complained they saw blood and a bra in the early episodes well over a decade ago)
Never knew that happen.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 31-Jan-2007 (Wed) @ 18:47:37
A lot of people don't remeber, but I do.  I'm good at remembering stuff that has no real value.  Curse my photographic memory.    (https://web.archive.org/web/20070807135823im_/http://www.ayeka.net/smf/Smileys/Anime/cool.gif)
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 31-Jan-2007 (Wed) @ 20:24:59
The only that I can remember like that was cartoon network's "Tea".
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 31-Jan-2007 (Wed) @ 21:27:22
Quote from: Warlord Vir on 31-Jan-2007 (Wed) @ 20:24:59The only that I can remember like that was cartoon network's "Tea".
Never heard of that one.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 31-Jan-2007 (Wed) @ 21:39:28
Cartoon Network redubbed Tenchi Universe so the word sake was replace with the word tea. So people would see the character getting drunk off tea. HAHAHAHAHAHA
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 31-Jan-2007 (Wed) @ 22:23:03
Oh yeah I do remeber that.    :woot:  :))   I can't believe they did that.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: TechnoDragon on 31-Jan-2007 (Wed) @ 23:20:39
They do a lot of wierd things to japanese cartoons to make them more "acceptable"  it is sad really, what makes japanese children able to handle it but amercian children can't?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 01-Feb-2007 (Thu) @ 10:47:33
Nothing really; anime is more adult oriented, so in japan they follow the concept of self-censorship.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 01-Feb-2007 (Thu) @ 13:43:06
It not to said they are not anime for children.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 01-Feb-2007 (Thu) @ 15:38:12
True, I just said most anime is more adult oriented then your basic cartoon.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 01-Feb-2007 (Thu) @ 23:27:04
Very true.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 13-Feb-2007 (Tue) @ 18:17:01
Have you ever noticed most cartoons today seem to be unoriginal.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 13-Feb-2007 (Tue) @ 20:21:56
Some may said because all the good idea were used already.
However, that a poor excuse.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 13-Feb-2007 (Tue) @ 21:27:37
A better excuse is that originality is on a premium.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 13-Feb-2007 (Tue) @ 21:52:58
Which no one seem to want to try to risk it.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 13-Feb-2007 (Tue) @ 22:51:06
That and the FCC charge up the ass for anything an old southern woman considers remotly offensive.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 13-Feb-2007 (Tue) @ 22:58:02
Well, you cannot please everyone.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 14-Feb-2007 (Wed) @ 14:56:55
Too true.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 14-Feb-2007 (Wed) @ 21:18:50
Now in retro sight.
Ren and Stimpy were wierd artwork and as a show. to point of   :x
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 14-Feb-2007 (Wed) @ 21:20:46
Have you seen the DVD only episodes the creators released not too long ago?  THat was a grown up version meant for the grown up people that watched the cartoon originally.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 15-Feb-2007 (Thu) @ 00:06:27
NO.
Could you give an example like a name?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 15-Feb-2007 (Thu) @ 10:59:17
I forget I saw maybe ten minutes of it before I had to go to class, so I'll ask the guy that was watching it.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 15-Feb-2007 (Thu) @ 22:37:29
Ok, because are you talking something like Birdman Attonery at Law or something?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Ben Weetman on 17-Feb-2007 (Sat) @ 16:42:04
heres the ones i grew up with:

Thundercats (naturally)
Transformers (let me just say that the movie is the best ever and is the only movie that made me cry)
He- man
sharky and george
Sonic (the 1990s series of which i am still a huge fan of sonic)
the hulk hogan wwf cartoon show
BUCKY O HARE (my fave show ever)
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 17-Feb-2007 (Sat) @ 17:02:34
That the Sonic with the feedom fighters or the horrbile Disney Sonic?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 17-Feb-2007 (Sat) @ 17:58:28
Most of what you said. I had never of heard like Sharky and george.  ???
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 18-Feb-2007 (Sun) @ 00:31:42
I havent either.  Do you remember Eeek the Cat?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 18-Feb-2007 (Sun) @ 01:24:08
No.
Never heard of them either.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Ben Weetman on 18-Feb-2007 (Sun) @ 13:47:36
sharkey and george was a chnnel four show in england about two undersea cops a shark and a fish battling mobsters particularly an evil super genius jellyfish and i liked the freedom fighters sonic more because it was darker
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 18-Feb-2007 (Sun) @ 14:37:50
That Sonic was awsome   :woot: that was the one based on the comic.  The other made me wish to vomit with the redundant stories.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 18-Feb-2007 (Sun) @ 15:12:54
Does anyone remember Dark Waters?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 18-Feb-2007 (Sun) @ 15:43:54
you mean that thing about the black water and the magic gems that dispell it?
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 18-Feb-2007 (Sun) @ 16:01:11
Yes, Exactly.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: draconious380 on 18-Feb-2007 (Sun) @ 16:05:30
I liked the wizard that wore the glove because his hand was only bones under the glove.
Title: Re: Cartoons we grew up with
Post by: Warlord Vir on 20-Feb-2007 (Tue) @ 15:52:49
I do not remember him.