Kawaii Klub

Otaku Cultural Studies - Anime Fansite Zone => Tenchi Muyo! => Topic started by: Skuld-chan on 18-Mar-2005 (Fri) @ 18:58:40

Title: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: Skuld-chan on 18-Mar-2005 (Fri) @ 18:58:40
So I just got done "watching" if you can call it that...my first episode of Pretty Sammy (actually I think it was the last episode in the series!  Anyway.  I must admit that I really like the theme song to it...a nice lively...rumba kinda beat to it   :joyful: Now I'll have to see if I can find it and make a new Anime CD   :joyful:

Perhaps sometime this weekend...yeah right...I'll get some spare time and watch the episodes I've got on my computer where Media Player won't lock up every three to four seconds!    :arg:   Trying to keep up with the Japanese without the scenes is pretty intense!   ;)
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: Shidasko on 18-Mar-2005 (Fri) @ 19:56:00
Quote from: Skuld-chan on 18-Mar-2005 (Fri) @ 18:58:40Trying to keep up with the Japanese without the scenes is pretty intense!
did you mean with the subtitles, instead of the scenes??
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: rumiya on 19-Mar-2005 (Sat) @ 04:34:07
Quote from: Skuld-chan on 18-Mar-2005 (Fri) @ 18:58:40So I just got done "watching" if you can call it that...my first episode of Pretty Sammy (actually I think it was the last episode in the series!  Anyway.  I must admit that I really like the theme song to it...a nice lively...rumba kinda beat to it  :joyful: Now I'll have to see if I can find it and make a new Anime CD  :joyful:

Perhaps sometime this weekend...yeah right...I'll get some spare time and watch the episodes I've got on my computer where Media Player won't lock up every three to four seconds!    :arg:  Trying to keep up with the Japanese without the scenes is pretty intense!  ;)
ok the project-s series.it is acatually very goo.you really have to see episodes 19 and 20.really about sasami's and misao's true friendship.exelent.
myself i like the first closing. here ,from my laser disk,omakie.kumiya akimiya live on stage at the tokyo animie convention
 http://www.anothertenchi.gotdns.com/mp/persona.avi (https://web.archive.org/web/20070808114418/http://www.anothertenchi.gotdns.com/mp/persona.avi)
in divix
and ok heres the fullĂ‚  second ending.i ripped at 320k mp3
http://www.anothertenchi.gotdns.com/mp/closing.mp3 (https://web.archive.org/web/20070808114418/http://www.anothertenchi.gotdns.com/mp/closing.mp3)
i have all the cds and even a good bit of the drama cds to,and yes all the music videos to
and yes senkush i'll be glad to like zipp bouth the ost cds from projs,there is a lotta songs,and bg music to  ;D i can try to either post more vids here ..i hope you figured out why the ovas didnt upload, as yes i did even upload the sammy ovas to.and yes ill be glad to do the projs to
  ;D ;D
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: Kiyoka on 19-Mar-2005 (Sat) @ 06:24:54
Eww you enjoyed Magical project S? It's hardly that fun, same thing happens eveeeery episode. Bad guy created - Pretty Sammy defeats - the end.   :flat:
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: Sari on 19-Mar-2005 (Sat) @ 09:18:49
I think she lost once. I don't know. I just read episode summaries.
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: Skuld-chan on 19-Mar-2005 (Sat) @ 09:33:00
Quote from: Kiyoka on 19-Mar-2005 (Sat) @ 06:24:54Eww you enjoyed Magical project S? It's hardly that fun, same thing happens eveeeery episode. Bad guy created - Pretty Sammy defeats - the end.  :flat:
Actually I expect that from a magical girl series. It seems from the bits a pieces that I was able to watch that the character that looks like Ayeka is evil?  Hmmmm  ;)  One of the main reasons I pointed this series out is the theme songs at the beginning and end...I reallly do like it...it's a good  driving tune  :joyful:

Yes I meant scenes.  I was able to understand some of the dialog just by listening, but my vocabulary just isn't that extensive yet.  And while the show was playing, I could follow along with the subtitles...  :joyful:
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: Kiyoka on 19-Mar-2005 (Sat) @ 09:56:43
 Oh that Ayeka look a like. Technically it's just an Ayeka cameo that acts differently. As for evil? No no, I wouldn't put it like that. Just a bad guy. I wasn't impressed by her character, but that's just me.
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: Shidasko on 19-Mar-2005 (Sat) @ 12:05:58
 I enjoyed Magical Project S, but I enjoyed the Pretty Sammy OAV more... but I have only seen the first two episodes of Magical Project S and the entire Pretty Sammy Oav (3 episodes)

but in magical girl series.. there is usually a monster of the week scenario... it makes things intersting.. yes tedious.. but through the heat of battle.. new friendships, powers, and unique innate abilities (like character personality development) can emerge and trimuph through battle.. although in alot of pretty girl shows.. sometimes monster a week scenarios need to happen a lot less.. like every two episodes, should be one monster.. or string it out into two episodes.. but then taht would become redundant and take away from the typical 2-4 episode finalle..

I liked the ending video clip to the last Pretty Sammy where it showed that video of Evil Kiyone flying that skull ship, (i swear it's a ripoff of the skull ship in the megaman tv show) wearing only a thong and some sort of battle chest plate while swinging a whip wildly. Then you have the beach scene where Ayeka and Ryoko are sunbathing in these elegant and fashionable outfits and tenchi starts being perverted by snickering at their outfits as you can guess why. Then Sasami catches him doing this and darts a suntain oil bottle at his head.. Hahh..
I swear the whole clip is funny as all hell.. Then you have sasami summoning a death sword that is taller than the planet, to slash at the skull ship. Lol
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: rumiya on 20-Mar-2005 (Sun) @ 00:38:25
ahhh,that sammy clips was the promo that showed at the end of the mihoshi special.i have the full screen version of it.
and yes i do love the project-s series,but in a wayi do wish they had used the charactor designes from the sammy ova's
in fact i believe from some posts from the afc that aic is going to do some more sammy series to ,i believe.
now if it baised on the tv series or the ova's ,that i don't know.i guess time will tell.
humm and since you liked the video teaser trailer shido,i;ll have to send you sammy song book,yes its in japanese,but the videos are sammy ova's.theres ,brailer love,sammy's theme-  double mind , misao and misa's theme -lonely heart , rumiya's and misao's theme
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: Shidasko on 20-Mar-2005 (Sun) @ 12:18:57
Ooh, that would be Intriguing to hear and see. Are the songs from the song book catchy and full of dance beating tempo? Hmm.. i'll have to check it out, do you know where i could find some of these files to download to see if it is worth to collect?
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: rumiya on 21-Mar-2005 (Mon) @ 04:17:27
Quote from: Shidasko on 20-Mar-2005 (Sun) @ 12:18:57Ooh, that would be Intriguing to hear and see. Are the songs from the song book catchy and full of dance beating tempo? Hmm.. i'll have to check it out, do you know where i could find some of these files to download to see if it is worth to collect?
ok... ;D
plus the full screen version ot the sammy trailer to
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: Skuld-chan on 21-Mar-2005 (Mon) @ 19:12:21
My internet-foo is good....!  I just found the full length opening theme to Pretty Sammy  Magical Project-S!  Sweet!  Now if only my  :cussing: computer would work without buzzing, chirping, mini-repeating, and just play my music correctly, I might be able to enjoy it!   :figures:
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: rumiya on 22-Mar-2005 (Tue) @ 13:44:21
Quote from: Skuld-chan on 21-Mar-2005 (Mon) @ 19:12:21My internet-foo is good....!  I just found the full length opening theme to Pretty Sammy  Magical Project-S!  Sweet!  Now if only my  :cussing: computer would work without buzzing, chirping, mini-repeating, and just play my music correctly, I might be able to enjoy it!  :figures:
would work without buzzing, chirping, mini-repeating, and just play my music correctly, I might be able to enjoy it!  :figures:
buzzing,humm i did have that problem at 1 time.
turned out to be the interconnect cable from the pc sound card to the spaekers.you can first try ,a q-tip with some rubbing alchol to clean the connector cables
be sure you pc is off first.by using a cleaning solution and ,GENTLY plugging and up plugging into the output it will also clean that to.
now if its still freezing churping,that sounds like a codex conflict,yes,i know your playing mp3 .but if the play is ok in the video mode ,but not the mp3,then idd chect just what codex its using,i tried a codex for mpg4 videos,man it didnt like the videos and messed up my winmedia player for mp3 to.
these were ripped at full 320k to and play almost fill cd quality on my pc or my i pod  ;D
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: Skuld-chan on 22-Mar-2005 (Tue) @ 14:00:03
I think it has some incompatibility between my SoundBlaster Live!  and my Geforce II video card.  I can't wait until I can afford a Dell.  I love my sister-in-law's!  Making music CD's with it hasn't been eaiser!   :joyful:
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: rumiya on 24-Mar-2005 (Thu) @ 07:31:29
Quote from: Skuld-chan on 22-Mar-2005 (Tue) @ 14:00:03I think it has some incompatibility between my SoundBlaster Live!  and my Geforce II video card.  I can't wait until I can afford a Dell.  I love my sister-in-law's!  Making music CD's with it hasn't been eaiser!  :joyful:
ahh , now that sounds correct .hardwere conflict.and a dell is ok. my i build my pcs.
imm planning on building a full athalon 64 bit pc
mine i am using now is.
athalon 2.5 gig
aleysus motherboard,with 3 gig ddr ram high density ,4oo meg buss speed
128 meg radion agp video
5 channel suround bllaster suido card
for now 2 /30 gig hard drives internal.

ohh and senkusha i do have 4 versions of yumm yumum jani to as live music videos. the project-s opening hehehehe
4x dvd burner and second reg dvd rom player
5 80 gig usb hard derves for my umm videos,lol
video capture, new plextor usb and old stand by dazzle usb  ;D ;D
but cant wait to build that 64 bit 3.4 athalon,
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: Skuld-chan on 24-Mar-2005 (Thu) @ 08:43:24
Four versions?!   :o   WOW!
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: rumiya on 24-Mar-2005 (Thu) @ 14:31:44
Quote from: Skuld-chan on 24-Mar-2005 (Thu) @ 08:43:24Four versions?!  :o  WOW!
ahhhaa yes
i have chisa live in l.a.laser disk , there is 2 versions there,a music video and then chisa singing it live on stage
and as a supprise on it theres also her and sharron scott singing pioneer in a duet setting and yes wow in english to
now that was a treat,not only seeing sharron scott,but chisa singing in english  ;D
then long before they released the dvds ,i grabbed the project-s on japanese laser disk box sets,yes it dosent have subb titles,but on japanese sets ,they add special omakies,extras. yes on the  dvds we see they did put SOME of them,but not all
and on those there is chisa and estiko (ryo-oki0 singing it live on stage ,and then theres the entire cast,all the girls from the sammy ova and project-s on stage doing a full colage,sammy ova opening ,and priject-s opening. these are from the magical girls live tour ,yes they did a tour in japan like the live94 and 96 tours. and it was a treat to see the japanese voice charactors  from bouth of the series.
  dvdss are great,but i still also like laser to,yes its huge disks,and not quite as good as dvd,but still way better than vhs,plus with laser you also get a lot of extras to ,you get a lot of special art chaaractor pullouts,and promo sheets..and i believe on the afc board in the ahh my goddess topic thread ,there is some words that shows aic is going to do a conunitation of the sammy series next year   ;D
now weither its baised on the sammy ova or the proj-s tv series thati don't know.but it dose show how popular the series was in japan was
otherwise why would aic even consider all the work in making a series.and sasami it a really popular charactor,yes sasami is my favorite ,with misao then ayeka but we all have out favorites from the entire tenchi world...and is was a treat to see romi (ayeka) in a villan role hehehe
and as kiyora said yes,the project-s is mainly ,monster comes then sammy beats it,but senkusha you really have to see episodes 19,20 and yes 21...the magic fades away,friends (my  fav) ,imm glad i have magical powers these three episodes deal with sasami's and misao's true deap friendship and what is involved in having a true friend.now thats what i really like about animie in general,yes at times is very funny or even sos
but it dose at time deal with everyday life issues in a very frank and honest manney to. animie is not your tipical toons or even the cuddely disney,those are ok ,but you would really be supprised what gets edited before a lot is shown here on tv.tv is great in getting to see any new series ,but at least when i find a interes in a series,i get the dvd box sets,and yes then get to see it all in unedited format to..hehehe
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: Zionia on 11-Nov-2005 (Fri) @ 01:24:56
 Can you tell me where you are getting all the Pretty Magical Girl Sammy and Project S vids from, i looking all over and i cant find one that will upload properly to my comp. (btw i got a Mac and i like it. It works very welll for video and music, just not games).
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: Skuld-chan on 11-Nov-2005 (Fri) @ 12:09:14
I found them on various P2P (Peer to Peer) software sharing comminutes, like LimeWare, Morpheious, Napster, KaZaa, etc...
Title: Re: Pretty Sammy - Magical Project S
Post by: Zionia on 11-Nov-2005 (Fri) @ 18:15:42
Ahh, ill have to try that. I have bear share, i think i can DL videos with that. TY