Kawaii Klub

Otaku Cultural Studies - Anime Fansite Zone => General Anime and Manga Discussion => Topic started by: quickdraw on 12-Sep-2004 (Sun) @ 00:09:42

Title: anime????????????
Post by: quickdraw on 12-Sep-2004 (Sun) @ 00:09:42
so whats up nothing much well thats fun well i love anime but i can never find any good channels with it any 1 know a good 1  >:(
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Skuld-chan on 16-Sep-2004 (Thu) @ 13:12:47
I know there is an anime channel on cable/satelight, but your service has to carry it.  I think it's called AMN (Anime Network)  There is a petition or a list of some sort you can sign to ask your cable company to get it.  So far, I can tell you that Direct TV does not carry it (or if it does, I have yet to see it.)

I can also tell you that sometime around midnight a cable station (I think it's TNT, although I could be VERY wrong about this), shows an Anime block hour (or two).  I'll have to see if I can find it again.

Anyway, welcome to the group, and I hope to see you around more often!  Sorry things have been kinda slow around here, I'm in the middle of attempting to goto school, work a full time job, and take care of a pregnant wife!  
* Senkusha whispers I think I've streached myself a bit thin!

  :-[
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: darkinferno9908 on 01-Aug-2005 (Mon) @ 17:40:13
Anime Tv?

Well yes there is Anime Network, and Anime Network On Demand (Woot!) out there but as Senkusha said your cable provider has to host them. Also on tv is the Anime Unleashed 1 hour block starting at 1 am on G4 Tech Tv. Also on weekends there is anime on Showtime.

On Saturdays, the International Channel shows anime, and on sundays the AZN network also does.

Not to mention if you have broadband you have Winamp which streams anime as well. And also if you have friends who have anime downloaded on their computers you can ask them to set up ORB (https://web.archive.org/web/20070808183401/http://www.orb.com/) which will allow you to stream anime off of thier computer with no problems at all.
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Skuld-chan on 04-Aug-2005 (Thu) @ 19:00:00

 Thanks for the clarifications!   :joyful:
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: darkinferno9908 on 04-Aug-2005 (Thu) @ 20:38:14
No prob
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Animegirl821 on 07-Aug-2005 (Sun) @ 14:49:13
 There is also Cartoon Network. on Saturdays, they have toonami from 7 to 11pm i think. and they have adult swim which has some very good anime like Inuyasha and Samurai Champloo. Even on weekdays, in adult swim, full metal alchemist is on at 1 am. Ive heard Neon Genisis Evagelion is coming to adult swim.
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: darkinferno9908 on 14-Aug-2005 (Sun) @ 16:08:15
 Evangelion is coming in October, Naruto in November, and some other stuff...just remember...it IS cartoon network so both of these great series are going to be screwed over... *shutters in the memory of One Piece*
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Zionia on 11-Nov-2005 (Fri) @ 01:09:33
 Cartoon network is what got me hooked on tenchi muyo and sailor moon, but its recent attempts have driven me away, as dark said, they ruined one piece. Cartoon network actually lost a lot of viewers when they took Tenchi Muyo off the air and had to find something quick to replace it. I wish they would still show some episodes in reruns or sumthing. that is why DBZ is on today, even if it stinks. sorry, bad memory of the 20sumin episodes for the last 5 minutes on Namik section of the series. If you watch the adult swim they sometimes show good stuff, but the daytime stuff is really pretty bad for anyone but a kid. Its great for kids though.
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: rumiya on 11-Mar-2006 (Sat) @ 06:46:29
and i believe action movie channel on saturday nites also has anamie.   ;D
thats where i first saw dual parallel and banner of the stars.yep got them on dvd to , and just waiting for suncoast to get their new release updates ,need to find out when the next ah my goddess dvd comes out,  but i just got the new girls bravo dvd, hehehe yea ive encoded it as xvid and rmvb , lol.
 plus theres always torrents to , been grabbing the mai otamine  z series..
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 11-Mar-2006 (Sat) @ 08:54:19
Cartoon network/toonami got me hooked also but now i dislike them as they prefer pokemon and DBZ over far better anime shows...

and kusha are you about to have ANOTHER child?
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Kei-Kun on 15-Mar-2006 (Wed) @ 18:13:31
I have to agree with everyone here, with basic cable, there isn't much hope for otaku's like us to find anime, the good stuff anyway.  Only suggestion I have is, if you can afford it, get the anime's themselves on DVD, and that way you will always have them for your viewing pleasure.
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 16-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 03:07:45
or just wait for rumiya to get that then steal them of him!
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Kei-Kun on 16-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 19:19:29
I should hope not, I'd preffer to do legal business with the companies that bring us our wares.
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 17-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 09:37:36
well if its good with you ill download it illegally as to be honest i am not exactly rolling in time and money at the moment
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Zionia on 20-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 17:12:04
id rather get it the safe way, but as IWWLBT said, money and time are against us...i do buy some on my own, and will be getting the stuff i have here later.
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 21-Mar-2006 (Tue) @ 06:23:32
obviously if noone paid then wed never see them wud we?
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Zionia on 21-Mar-2006 (Tue) @ 13:41:02
exactly. *priases Anime creators*
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: rumiya on 22-Mar-2006 (Wed) @ 05:57:28
eventhough i love the fansubbing groups i alwats support a series by getting the dvds ,and not the umm bootleggs you see on ebay and so.and yea i don't mind sharring a few with some people ,remember divix is good format ,even rmvb ,but it still dosent compaire with a dvd as far as quality goes.   ;D
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Zionia on 22-Mar-2006 (Wed) @ 09:18:36
Exactly. The DVDs are the best out there. I dont get any bootlegs either.
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Kei-Kun on 22-Mar-2006 (Wed) @ 18:31:37
Very true.  I always look for good anime dvd's, yet I'm pretty conservitive on what I get on that, I only look for some of the essentials.
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 23-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 08:09:23
like a!mg
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Zionia on 23-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 13:19:44
i like your new sig IWWLBT...i may have to put a new one up...lol
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 23-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 18:19:11
chill out its just a a!mg screenshot nothing to stand to attention for!

i think i may use world of elegence as my next sig
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Kei-Kun on 23-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 21:09:09
s there any limit as to what I can have as a sig? Obviously no H, but is there any specific things I'm not allowed to use?
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Skuld-chan on 23-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 21:15:50
To my knowledge....none.  Well, except to just try and keep it tasteful...there is the occational underling (under 12) that visits the site.
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 24-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 06:34:27
at least my banner doesnt trick people into believing says magic balls!

there is a limit of 200 or 300 characters but if you make a picture and host it on a website then there shouldnt be any restrictions (i could put a 1600x1200 picture on if i wanted too!)
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Skuld-chan on 24-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 10:37:13
Yeah, but that's really rude!  You know....I could always force a limit to 200 pixels high....
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 24-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 11:15:50
you wouldnt dare!!!!

(i wasnt actually going to put an image that big on!)
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Zionia on 24-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 12:44:47
id say limit it to 500x500...that is what many sites do...lol...and it is big enough but not too big
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 24-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 13:58:20
grumble, me pics are 640 x 400
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Zionia on 24-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 14:39:33
lol...well, close enough...so the edges would be clipped a little bit
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Skuld-chan on 24-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 16:32:54
Actually, it would just be shrunk.
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Zionia on 24-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 16:39:10
ahh, so you would have set it to auto fit...the other site, they just cut off at the side if it was to large
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 24-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 16:47:23
i can deal with auto fit
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Zionia on 24-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 17:41:36
auto fit would be cool, cause then i could use some of the other stuff i have without having to resize it...
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 24-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 17:51:05
then it would go all
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Zionia on 24-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 18:24:05
it isnt one dimention too large...it wouldnt streatch...both dimentions are too large
Title: Re: anime????????????
Post by: Skuld-chan on 27-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 12:51:06
yes, it would stretch to be whatever size I made it.  I would also shrink also...if it's too big.