Kawaii Klub

Otaku Cultural Studies - Anime Fansite Zone => General Anime and Manga Discussion => Topic started by: Skuld-chan on 04-Aug-2004 (Wed) @ 10:15:54

Title: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Skuld-chan on 04-Aug-2004 (Wed) @ 10:15:54
Hi, I'm asking this to add other Anime's to the site directory.  So, what are some of your other favorite Anime series'?
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: [BASHYOU] SiLvErWoLf on 06-Aug-2004 (Fri) @ 18:56:57
Mmm.. Last Exile would probably be my most recent favorite.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Skuld-chan on 06-Aug-2004 (Fri) @ 20:51:29
OMG!  I think I watched maybe the first volume of that Anime!  I'll have to see if I can find some.  :o
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: [BASHYOU] SiLvErWoLf on 07-Aug-2004 (Sat) @ 00:09:11
Lol I would have to say that it's one of the more graphically pleasing animes out there.  But it was the story which hooked me in once I really started watching.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Leichenzähler on 17-Aug-2004 (Tue) @ 14:37:22
mhhh one of my favorite anime series is SLAYERS

dont really know why, i just like the  style of it  ;D
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Skuld-chan on 17-Aug-2004 (Tue) @ 14:52:05
I've seen the Slayers movie (which one??)  I liked the series, it has pretty good animation and graphics.  The stroyline seems fresh as well.  I'll have to see if I can find some more around my local video store sometime.

Oh, btw, Welcome!  YAY- a new member has arrived!   ;D
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Gendou Ikari on 26-Sep-2004 (Sun) @ 18:17:18
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION!!! By Far!
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: talk21atms on 11-Nov-2004 (Thu) @ 22:11:29
I enjoy Cowboy Bebop and Inuyasha personally, and would love to see content to support them
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Shidasko on 11-Nov-2004 (Thu) @ 23:22:08
If you enjoy the series so much, then go buy the dvds / vhs and various other memorbalia. As when you download episodes/movies and other illegal files, you hurt the company you love so much. Then they loose profits if everyone is doing it, then the company will fall through and there will be lesser official animes being broadcasted in the other countries..
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: BSEK on 18-Nov-2004 (Thu) @ 12:57:08
I do not know what my favorite anime is. Thairs so many animes O.o .
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Shidasko on 18-Nov-2004 (Thu) @ 13:06:47
" Thairs "

Haven't heard of that anime, you got to fill me in on that sometime. Lol    :))

I say go check out your nearest rental store that contains anime, and check out each one even if you don't like one aspect of it. Anime can always broaded your mind to new concepts, it's like a book but not as advanced.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: BSEK on 18-Nov-2004 (Thu) @ 15:06:58
It is not anime.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: SuperPear on 18-Nov-2004 (Thu) @ 22:44:02
oh..i dunno,

i like oh my goddess and kenshin..several others of course but my brain hurts today..no thinkies, it wont work ..lol anyways..i have seen several others that interested me...Nightwalker, Fushigi yuugi...uh...Grrr i know theirs more, would have to post them another time...^.^
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Shidasko on 18-Nov-2004 (Thu) @ 23:22:48
Quote
Night Walker
Thank you!
Another Individual that has seen that anime. It is a very compelling anime. It gives you enough to start a story, to create a nice plot device, and it gives you a form of a ending before the series cut off.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Vash289 on 26-Nov-2004 (Fri) @ 12:50:56
Naruto and Dbz no question
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Sari on 26-Nov-2004 (Fri) @ 13:52:28
Inuyasha and Tenchi for me, but that might change soon. I have started talking to my cuz again. She knows many animes!   ;D
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: KagatoEvilGenius on 28-Nov-2004 (Sun) @ 13:35:14
I'd say Hellsing and Great Teacher Onizuka. Those anime just kick a$$!!  :))
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Shidasko on 01-Dec-2004 (Wed) @ 09:33:46
GTO Manga only was good, the anime and live action were pretty crappy.
Hellsing was alright.

Now go for the .Hack//Sign if your a big Online Gaming loser. Lol
I loved it. Absolutely great..
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Vash289 on 08-Dec-2004 (Wed) @ 18:37:15
id like to add naruto is still my fav but dbz has been replaced by my lovable love hina
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Shidasko on 08-Dec-2004 (Wed) @ 18:43:06
 hate all three.. love hina the worst though. Decent story, interesting concept. But bad character interaction and no sense of stability or realisim. The guy gets hits by everything from these girls and the next scene, he is completely fine. BUT if he hurts himself, then he'll be temporaily injury for a few episodes.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: LilSakura87 on 10-Dec-2004 (Fri) @ 17:09:42
My favorite would be Inuyasha hand down. Then it would be Yu Yu Hakusho,Tenchi and DBZ. Oh and I also like Love Hina !  ;D
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Shidasko on 10-Dec-2004 (Fri) @ 17:43:52
got a big enough signature?


(Administrators Note:  The original image has automatically been resized to something more reasonable with the new Forum Software.  For the full effect, I have attached the original image.)
ryoko-snowboard.jpg
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Vash289 on 11-Dec-2004 (Sat) @ 23:51:12
  :)hehehe i dont know its a very good signature *gawks at it
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Skuld-chan on 12-Dec-2004 (Sun) @ 01:41:23
hhmmmm al;though i like the kawaii signature, its really way too big!  Try to size it down to less than 2 inches, please.  Also, i must appologize for my lack of propper sentance structure, i';m tying with one finger, and holding a fussy baby with the other arm!   :o
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Shidasko on 12-Dec-2004 (Sun) @ 12:06:03
Okay Now I want to know, Who came up with the "Did you know, I am pioneer" bit?? I see that all other certain sections of this forum. Was it a quote from the show or was it some form quote someone made and everyone else copied. Cus it's really bugging me about the origins of taht quote.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Vash289 on 12-Dec-2004 (Sun) @ 12:43:04
 it came from a show i think..
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Skuld-chan on 14-Dec-2004 (Tue) @ 13:49:49
okay, I guess I'll have to spill my secrets!   :P

The phrase "Did you know, I am a pioneer..." is the first phrase in the theme song to OVA 2 (English version) ("I'm a Pioneer")
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Shidasko on 14-Dec-2004 (Tue) @ 17:11:29
I forgot that about the song singing it. Evertime I heard the word, it would remind of the song. But I didn't know that you copied the line out of the song..Jeez.. it's been so long since I last heard that song. I remember when I use to listen to that song religiously and the others as well. I really like Washu's Ballad and Washu's Heartache
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: rumiya on 29-Dec-2004 (Wed) @ 05:15:44
well idd have to say the tenchi ,sammy series. ;Dthough i do havev vandread dvd set to now , thats good.
 i like all kinds of animie, and yes even magical girl series to, :) .in fact imm watching a new magical girl series from fansubbing group , interesting , magical girl lyrical nanoha.. humm not bad for a new series.. plus more fansubbs of gundam seed to
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Slade on 18-Jan-2005 (Tue) @ 18:22:13
Even though I like Tenchi, Kid muscle is wonderfully funny and over witty whilst Big O is a great drama and has wonderful monoulogue and quotes over memories and realties though the ending is werid.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Zoaster on 20-Jun-2005 (Mon) @ 11:20:20
Ghost in the Shell is mine.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Slain on 20-Jun-2005 (Mon) @ 11:34:29
Tenchi and Excel Saga would be probably the top 2, although Trigun and Bebop were also VERY good.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Ham-snipe on 26-Jun-2005 (Sun) @ 06:40:59
The one and only Tenchi for me.  ;D I don't watch ANY other anime series. I don't know why, but I have seen every ep. of The Simpsons and Futurama( I know their not anime's!)
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: rumiya on 26-Jun-2005 (Sun) @ 12:30:24
 humm well tenchi and the sammy series still my favs.   ;D
but i do like otheres to, and was very supprised at how good mg lyrical nanoha and mai hime is to.
and i do have and like vandread and gundam seed to   ;D
 i have a lot of dvd box sets myself,fan subbs are great,but i still by the dvds when they get here
as shido says you gotta support them and you can't beat the quality of dvds verses the fansubbs.
i'mm planing to get the new ahh my goddes when it arrives here to.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Sari on 27-Jun-2005 (Mon) @ 12:42:35
1. Inuyasha
2. Tenchi Muyo
3. Fruits Basket
4. Witch Hunter Robin
5. One Piece/Naruto (tie)

Top 5 mangas:

1. Fruits Basket
2. Naruto
3. Inuyasha
4. One Piece
5. Yu-Gi-Oh! (The original version.)
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Animegirl821 on 22-Jul-2005 (Fri) @ 17:46:11
I love every anime in the world!!! ( well, almost every one). My 5 top favorites are Azumanga Daioh, Tenchi Muyo, DBZ, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Gravitation. whoops, thats 6!
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Skuld-chan on 26-Jul-2005 (Tue) @ 05:35:38
Quote from: Animegirl821 on 22-Jul-2005 (Fri) @ 17:46:11I love every anime in the world!!! ( well, almost every one). My 5 top favorites are Azumanga Daioh, Tenchi Muyo, DBZ, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Gravitation. whoops, thats 6!
I've never heard of Azumanga Daioh or Gravitation.  What are they about?
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Animegirl821 on 26-Jul-2005 (Tue) @ 17:26:56
Azumanga Daioh is about high school life through the eyes of six girls with unusual personalities: Chiyo (the 10-year-old genius), Osaka (the resident airhead), Sakaki (the shy one prone to cat bites), Tomo (the loose cannon), Yomi (the short-tempered one) and Kagura (the resident jock).

Gravitation is about a guy named Shuichi Shindou  who wants to make a famous band. He works on his band, hoping to get a chance in the public eye, with nothing on his mind but his fame and musical ambitions. However, one fateful night when Shuichi is working on song lyrics, his paper with his lyrics gets blown away from him, and a stranger picks them up. The man is Yuki, a famous romance novelist who tells Shuichi that his writing skills are grade school level. From that moment on, Shuichi is determined to find Yuki and have him explain his rudeness... he just doesn't realize that it was love at first sight for him. When Shuichi finally finds Yuki, it's a journey of obstacles, frightening experiences and haunting pasts trying to keep them apart. But, it's just the gravitation of fate and love that always pulls these lovers back together everytime.

           These shows a for girls and i watch them because im a girl.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Skuld-chan on 31-Jul-2005 (Sun) @ 08:50:59
Azumanga Daioh looks interesting.  I'll have to see if I can find a few episodes. (I seem to like high school series---ah the memories...)
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: darkinferno9908 on 01-Aug-2005 (Mon) @ 17:32:22
I personally gotta say Amaenaide Yo! at the moment followed by Bleach... too hot for words.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Animegirl821 on 07-Aug-2005 (Sun) @ 14:38:52
 Ive made some AMVs about Azumanga Daioh. You can check them out at Animemusicvideos.org. But you need to sign up for about 2 weeks, and you can download any music video there is ( that actually works)
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Animegirl821 on 07-Aug-2005 (Sun) @ 20:41:39
Oh yeah. My  Avatars are from Azumanga Daioh . The person on all my Azumanga Daioh Avatars is my favorite character in the series. Her name is Kagura and i like her because she's kinda like me. Not Looks, but Personality. She's like a Tom Boy because she likes video games and mountain bikes ( like me). and she's good at all kinds of sports ( like me). And shes very competitive ( like me). And she gets bad grades ( not like me).
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: darkinferno9908 on 14-Aug-2005 (Sun) @ 16:14:21
*rasberry heaven its coming back to see you!* Hey! I love Azuma's great manga, which is what Azumanga Daioh means.  
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Leo Stenbuck on 17-Aug-2005 (Wed) @ 17:49:49
My top 5 favorite animes would have to be these:

1.Tenchi Muyo.
2.Love Hina
3.Excel Saga
4.Galaxy Angel
5.Dragonball Z
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Animegirl821 on 18-Aug-2005 (Thu) @ 13:01:26
If u like Azumanga Daioh, then ill have to change my signature. But Im Glad Im not the only Azumanga Daioh fan in this site!!  ;D
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Shidasko on 20-Aug-2005 (Sat) @ 07:43:31
well he hasn't said that he likes it yet.. so yah...Don't get all antsy yet.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Animegirl821 on 20-Aug-2005 (Sat) @ 15:03:59
Yeah, I know. But alot of ppl havent heard of it.  :-[
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Shidasko on 24-Aug-2005 (Wed) @ 04:06:54
Apparently you odnt' use the internet much... cus Azumanga is highly well known.. like at YTMND.. they know of it very well...
http://ytmnd.com/list/?search=azumanga (https://web.archive.org/web/20070808143523/http://ytmnd.com/list/?search=azumanga)

Some of my other favorites of that series
http://azumangapsp.ytmnd.com/ (https://web.archive.org/web/20070808143523/http://azumangapsp.ytmnd.com/) It's not a defect, it's a Azumanga Daioh!
http://azurave.ytmnd.com/ (http://azurave.ytmnd.com/)
http://whatisosaka.ytmnd.com/ (http://whatisosaka.ytmnd.com/)
http://azumangaosakashoe.ytmnd.com/[/ur]
http://azumangatwilight.ytmnd.com/ (http://azumangaosakashoe.ytmnd.com/)

and thats just a sample.. heh..
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Kiyoka on 28-Aug-2005 (Sun) @ 10:15:10
Well everyone knows my favourite. But my 2nd favourite is Azumanga daioh
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: ryoko14 on 28-Aug-2005 (Sun) @ 12:24:27
both my favarites are head to head of course it is tenchi muyo and gundam
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Animegirl821 on 28-Aug-2005 (Sun) @ 16:51:39
Yeah, the Gundam series are pretty cool.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Leo Stenbuck on 14-Sep-2005 (Wed) @ 16:24:30
Apart from the series i listed, i also recently found out that an anime-version is being made of one of my favorite game series(The Super Robot Wars series of Banpresto)

http://www.dra-mata.com/images/og/OG-animationpromo1.jpg (http://www.dra-mata.com/images/og/OG-animationpromo1.jpg)

http://www.dra-mata.com/images/og/OG-animationpromo2.jpg (http://www.dra-mata.com/images/og/OG-animationpromo2.jpg)
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Black wind on 20-Nov-2005 (Sun) @ 17:24:47
My favourite is Naruto...I mean Ninja's man!
How cool!
I even collect the manga(Waiting for volume 8 to come to the uk...it will be ages before volume 28 gets here)
Naruto rules
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Zionia on 28-Nov-2005 (Mon) @ 14:53:37
Ok..well here goes...

top 3 countdown

3) Outlaw Star: its kinda like the gundum series' but not so much with the mechs. It was amazing, but i wish they would have brought over more than the first season (https://web.archive.org/web/20070808143523im_/http://www.ayeka.net/smf/Smileys/Anime/sad.gif)

2) AH! My Goddess: Hilarious romantic anime. great characters and lots of laughs...kinda like the #1 choice

1) Tenchi OVA 1 and Universe: The best of the classical Tenchi Muyo. I just have a thing for this series and that's kinda how i got sucked into this site. SASAMI IS THE BEST!!!!
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Lady Rolfina on 29-Nov-2005 (Tue) @ 21:51:56
Techi Muyo OAV1-3

Angel Sanctuary - (the original manga is much better than the 3 episode anime series).  I love Setsuna/Sara!

Oh! My Goddess - haven't seen it yet  :P   But Belldandy sounds like I love her already

Spaceship Agga Ruter - by Kajishima, Tenchi creator, very funny but very hentai
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Animegirl821 on 30-Nov-2005 (Wed) @ 16:04:00
Ah! My Goddess is pretty good, but very short!
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 30-Nov-2005 (Wed) @ 16:57:39
yer way too short, tm is still my fave,,,, it just feels so COOL
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Zionia on 30-Nov-2005 (Wed) @ 17:19:20
 i havent seen anything that is as long AND as good as the TM series'. If only they would have put more than one season into Outlaw Star...tha was turning out really good too (https://web.archive.org/web/20070808143523im_/http://www.ayeka.net/smf/Smileys/Anime/sad.gif) AMG may be short, but i like it alot...
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Black wind on 14-Dec-2005 (Wed) @ 16:19:33
....I just remembered Gundam Wing
That replaces Naruto instatnly...
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Gruidae on 14-Dec-2005 (Wed) @ 21:15:10
"Pokemon" (previous versions).  
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: SuperPear on 13-Mar-2006 (Mon) @ 16:48:16
I remembered one...Detective conan if i hadn't said that yet^.^.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Kei-Kun on 15-Mar-2006 (Wed) @ 18:10:12
Don't know if this counts, but the Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin OVA's, aswell as the Anime (first and second season) and the Manga's.  The OVA's were absolutely stunning visually, though violent and dramatic, but that's what made the period sorta romantic.  The Second'd OVA, Reflection, was absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and deffinatly a tear jerker if you let it be.  Even the commentary mentions that it's a view on the various stages of depression as it is an after story life telling of Kenshin's life.  A Must-See for those who appreciate anime or even just a good story.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: NinjaSonic on 24-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 21:15:49
I have some fave animes myself that I saved them. If I had to choose 1 of them it will be Mahoromatic Maiden. I wacthed both series & specials of it and it was funny with teacher & sad when Mahoro died.

It's one of my faves.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Zionia on 24-Mar-2006 (Fri) @ 22:07:36
hmm ive never heard of that one....ill have to look into it
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: NinjaSonic on 28-Mar-2006 (Tue) @ 18:55:18
Well Zionia I have a bittorrent yahoo group. I could give you the address so you could see Mahoromatic Maiden.

Another anime that is good is Grenadier. It's about this busty 18 years old girl who is shoot her target without killing anyone. This one have alot of funny parts to it & it have 12 esipodes to it.

Just check out this address for my bittorrents:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tommy_bitts/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tommy_bitts/)

Later!
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Zionia on 28-Mar-2006 (Tue) @ 20:42:18
thanks...ill be sure to check it out
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: I wonder what lies beyond that... on 29-Mar-2006 (Wed) @ 04:01:23
i find that some animes are just perverted in how the constantly deal with breasts

it can be quite annoying

not everyone is horny japenese hentai lovers
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Skuld-chan on 29-Mar-2006 (Wed) @ 08:59:04
Quote from: I wonder what lies beyond on 29-Mar-2006 (Wed) @ 04:01:23i find that some animes are just perverted in how the constantly deal with breasts
it can be quite annoying
not everyone is horny japenese hentai lovers
Really?  :P

YAY!  There is hope for me!   :woot:   :nosweat:
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Zionia on 29-Mar-2006 (Wed) @ 17:30:21
Senkush...he said not everybody...you arent one of those with a hope of not being a horny jap hentai lover... :P    :woot:  :nosweat:
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: NinjaSonic on 30-Mar-2006 (Thu) @ 19:04:05
Don't worry guys. I have different kinds of anime there since I checked the best ones like SailorMoon, Pokemon that were uncut, & Happy Lesson.

Either way I make sure that everyone have something to watch & enjoy!
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Un Gato on 22-Apr-2006 (Sat) @ 02:00:30
I dunno, Paranoia Agent makes a pretty good bid...and I've yet to see mention of it...

I still like GITS (not 2nd GIG, that's only good, not great) the most.
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: rumiya on 23-Apr-2006 (Sun) @ 18:18:10
Quote from: Zionia on 29-Mar-2006 (Wed) @ 17:30:21Senkush...he said not everybody...you arent one of those with a hope of not being a horny jap hentai lover... :P    :woot:  :nosweat:
well true hentini is very much x rated..  :woot:   but there is a lotta umm fan  service series to ,girls bravo and umm limi fansubbing group did 2 eps high school girls ,very much a fan service series..hehehehe. i like many kinds of series , not hentini ,but others,from the mechas series,to yes magical girl series. hehehehe just watched some of amg movie dvd, english ,yea some,have it running ,lol,55 mints to finish umm ripping for ,umm backups ,i'll watch it all in a bit .and i see the new sammy series is on to ,i believe on the afc board a torrent link for the first eps in raw is there.
need to at least see it ,and hope to god they didn't butcher sasami and other chard TO BAD... till i see a few episodes ill keep my opinion in reserve....   8)
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Un Gato on 24-Apr-2006 (Mon) @ 23:37:31
Out of curiosity, what's your first language?  ???
Title: Re: What Anime Series is your favorite?
Post by: Warlord Vir on 02-May-2006 (Tue) @ 22:21:36
Inuyasha and Fullmetal Alchemist