Kawaii Klub

Otaku Cultural Studies - Anime Fansite Zone => General Anime and Manga Discussion => Topic started by: Un Gato on 05-Jun-2007 (Tue) @ 02:11:43

Title: .hack//sign
Post by: Un Gato on 05-Jun-2007 (Tue) @ 02:11:43
I used to watch this anime on Toonami a few years ago, but not as frequently as I would have liked (the time that the episodes aired wasn't terribly convenient for me.)  I'm getting back into it now though, and have been reminded of just why I loved it so much.  I am litterally shaking with want for the episodes at the moment (I have a source for them, thank god) and was wondering what your thoughts were on the anime.

And if there would be any possible way for someone to host them on the site, I really want to get these episodes...gah!
Title: Re: .hack//sign
Post by: inuhanyou441 on 05-Jun-2007 (Tue) @ 14:40:52
personally, i never got a chance to see .hack//sign when it was on, but i did see legend of the twilight, thought that was okay, and would really like to get a chance to see //sign
Title: Re: .hack//sign
Post by: Un Gato on 06-Jun-2007 (Wed) @ 18:37:00
It's very chatty for the first six episodes, but I thought it worked really well.
Title: Re: .hack//sign
Post by: inuhanyou441 on 06-Jun-2007 (Wed) @ 22:15:23
well, as i said, i hope i get a chance to see it soon
Title: Re: .hack//sign
Post by: HyperK2 on 11-Jun-2007 (Mon) @ 19:14:18
I tried watching .hack//sign.. some episodes were OK, then others well, :x :x . Anyways, i like legend of the twilight and .hack//roots better than sign so far.
Title: Re: .hack//sign
Post by: Un Gato on 11-Jun-2007 (Mon) @ 23:55:14
What do those do differently?
Title: Re: .hack//sign
Post by: HyperK2 on 12-Jun-2007 (Tue) @ 00:12:34
I dunno, it just seemed like in sign they just sat around and did nothing most of the time, in those i like the story line better, plus there is more action too.
Title: Re: .hack//sign
Post by: Slain on 12-Jun-2007 (Tue) @ 00:33:15
I like .hack. The ps2 games come with DVD's that help the story and help you in the game. Also from what I hear the last episode of //SIGN is better to watch after you beat the video games.
Title: Re: .hack//sign
Post by: Un Gato on 12-Jun-2007 (Tue) @ 01:17:51
Ah, yes, I can see where the lack of action in .hack//sign could be annoying to people.  I'm weird, though: I don't need action at all to enjoy something.
Title: Re: .hack//sign
Post by: Shidasko on 14-Jun-2007 (Thu) @ 23:09:27
There was a lot of lack of action in the TV series of Sign, but it added alot of depth of character detail and depth to it. The games are completely seperate from the series but have similar problems as Sign does. But in the very last episode the one that isn't airred as it was Unreleased is basically kinda like a filler but isn't. It actually has ALL OF THE CHARACTERs from all the games as well as the characters from the tv series meet up and burst into a giant Dance Dance Revolution theme style inside "The Slums" zone area.

I'm still waiting on the release of the "World" actually MMORPG, then i'll be all set.. Prepare for Soul Transfer to the Virtual World.
Title: Re: .hack//sign
Post by: HyperK2 on 16-Jun-2007 (Sat) @ 12:23:10
Well, if you want a free 2D mmorpg, you can go to...
http://cyberconnects.com/Site/ (http://cyberconnects.com/Site/)
and they have a game based off of the world. Havn't tried it, but you can check it out if ya want