Kawaii Klub
Gamer's Geek Guild - Role Playing Systems Discussion => General Role Play Discussion => Topic started by: Senkusha on 18-May-2022 (Wed) @ 05:55:22
What was your favorite role playing game?
For me it was a Star Wars game. I was still in high school and happened to have walked past a group of students gathered around a table in the Senior's cafeteria (it really wasn't a room, just a cutout next to one of the hallways), and they were giggling and talking strangely. I stood there for a few moments watching when one of them looked up at me. I introduced myself, they invited me to the table, and I watched. And laughed with them as their adventure continued. The next couple of days, they helped build me an X-wing pilot character and I was hooked after that. The game only lasted a few weeks because it was the end of the school year, but it was the best time I spent during high school.
After I graduated, I was browsing through a comic book store and found several role playing games. I picked one up that looked interesting (note that I HAVE NOT had a lot of exposure to D&D), called Role Master (RMSS). Back then in 2000, email mailing lists were still popular, so I joined one to find a gaming group. After a few weeks, I found one, and every Saturday, all day, we'd play, eat junk food, and then eventually, after I got married, we'd take a time-out to make a healthy dinner, then resume playing for another couple of hours. Those were the days!