Kawaii Klub

Study Hall - General Discussion => Kagome's General Gossip and Discussion => Topic started by: Senkusha on 01-Feb-2025 (Sat) @ 07:40:56

Title: Starting an Anime Studio
Post by: Senkusha on 01-Feb-2025 (Sat) @ 07:40:56
For the longest time, I've wanted to run my own business-- to do my own thing, be my own boss, set my own schedule.  You know, that great new fashioned idea of the American Dream.  I've attempted this several times, both for myself, and in the service of friends:


Not all of these were my own creations, but they all failed, and for different reasons. I've learned quite a bit in my experiences of being an entrepreneur. And I'm determined not to give up.  My latest endeavor is to start an anime studio.  While at the same time, my fiancee wants to start a online publishing business.  There's a number of challenges associated with each of these business models.  I'll be focusing on the anime studio here, since this is what's in my heart.

Some of the problems that I know I'm going to stumble across include the fact that i don't really know the first thing about running a studio.  I've read various articles about Mangaka and some of the production workings of anime studios in Japan.  I can't draw.   But I can write, in fact, I love writing anime based fiction.  So creative writing is my passion, and if I can find a way to earn my living from writing within anime worlds and exploring life through the eyes of anime girls and boys, then I'm game for that!

However, I'm not letting my lack of artistic ability stop me dead in my tracks!  Oh no.  I've discovered a number of computer assisted tools that can help me attack this monster from a different angle!

These are only some of the tools that I have access to.  There are some additional problems that need to be addressed, such as voice acting and all the day-to-day business operations, but I have access to more tools (and experience) that can help guide my efforts.

But that's just the software and only some of my skill set.  I know that I'm going to need to use a beefy computer system
to handle all the software development and animation processes.  Luckily, a couple years ago, while I had decent credit, I was able to purchase a beast of a computer system while I was exploring Game Development using Unreal Engine.  My Alienware R13 has an Intel I-9 processor, 64GB of RAM and plenty of hard drive space.  I have two monitors (even though I'm not really using the second one all that much).  I have a drawing tablet (not the kind that draws on the screen), a high-end, precise mouse, a comfy keyboard, and probably most important, an ergonomic gaming chair.  Knowing that I'll be siting at the computer for hours and days, this is especially important.  Furthermore, my living space is quiet and drama free, so that helps too.

This is all well and good, but that still doesn't actually generate any money!  And there's lots of other things that need to be addressed.

And all of that is just for starters!  I have my work cut out for me.  Oh, speaking of working, I also need time to actually work on my creations!  Of course, I'd have all the time in the world, if I could find somebody to grant me, like, $50,000 so that I can dedicate all my time to starting this company up.  And I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of stuff too.  Can you think of anything?